Chapter Fifty-Three

Zhi Ting has been fighting with himself from commenting on it but for the past five minutes over breakfast, his best friend has been taking selfie after selfie like a teen-age blogger.

"Yue, what are you doing?!?!", Xin finally spoke up.

The other woman managed to look both apologetic and discomfited. "Sorry. Sorry... I'm going to eat now."

"You should... although, what's up with the selfies???"

Shen Yue looked like a kid caught stealing apples from the neighbor's tree.

"Maybe she wants to send them to DiDi", Zhi Ting joked but was surprised when Yue blushed from the roots of her hair down to her neck.

"Are you really going to send them to Wang He Di?!", Xin exclaimed.

She looked guiltily at the two of them. "He was just concerned about how I missed eating proper dinner last night so he made me promise to send him photos everytime I eat."

"But why are you sending selfies? Shouldn't you be sending a photo of yourself eating?", Zhi Ting asked.

"Oh My God! You are absolutely right!", Yue handed over her phone to him, "Take a picture of me! Make sure I don't look fat in it, ok?"

He positioned his hands to start taking pictures of Yue when Dong Xin raised her hand to block off the camera and looked at them like they have both brown another head. "Wait! Wait! Are you serious right now???"

Zhi Ting nodded. "Yes, Babe. Now put your hand down so I can take a picture of Yue."

Xin's brow hit the roof. "Babe, why would you take a photo of Yue eating for the benefit of that demon?!?", she then turned towards their best friend, "And you! Shen Yue! Why would you make a promise like that and send photos to Wang He Di???? Are you guys in a relationship??? Is he your boyfriend??? Does he even have the right to demand that you send him photos????"

"Xin, if I don't send a photo, he'll call!", Yue answered immediately.

"Then don't answer it!"

"But he will just keep on calling and it will drain my phone's battery."

"And DiDi will worry about her", Zhi Ting added, "Poor guy."

Xin looked at them with fire in her eyes. "Are you two absolute idiots??? Are we forgetting that it hasn't been so long ago that that demon has been terrorizing Yue??? He just recently apologized! How could you forgive him so easily?!?!"

He knows his wife-to-be and her protective instincts, especially when it comes to Yue. "Babe, breathe in. And then breathe out. We have a whole day ahead of us and it's still too early for you to be stressed. You heard what Yue said right? The guy is just worried about her and wants to make sure she isn't missing out on any meals. If you want I can include you in the picture so that DiDi feels more assured in seeing that not only Yue but you, as well, are taking care of yourself and are staying healthy."

"Babe, do you want me to injure your right hand right now?"

He smiled at her and immediately rubbed her elbows slowly, taking on a sweeter tone. "Babe... I'm just trying to make you smile. Also, I see nothing wrong in what DiDi is doing. I think it's actually great how he wants to check up on her. I did the same whenever you were in London."

Xin was about to respond when Yue's phone rang and all of them saw DiDi's name pop up the screen.

Since he held her phone, Yue signaled for him to answer it.

"Hey bro! Zhi Ting here", he greeted the other guy, "Good morning!"

"Oh!", DiDi sounded surprised, "Good morning! Uhmmmm... is Yue there?"