Chapter Nineteen

Shen Yue knew she had the upper hand the moment they picked up the Wang Corporation Heir from his office and he gaped at her.

As in his mouth flew open the moment he saw her.

She could not help the smile that made its way to her face at the way he looked.

If she herself was stunned at the magic a stylist team wielded on her, Wang He Di who might have intended to embarrass her tonight would surely be much more shocked.

Lucia was frustrated with the color blue and said she normally went for white, black, or red when she wanted her clients to stand out in understated elegance.

So, the stylist took out her most bold blue dress for Yue.

"I will make sure that YOU are the star of the gala" she announced "Wang Zi Wei told me I had to make sure you looked stunning."

Yue thought of messaging Zi Wei and Lucia now to congratulate them. If Wang He Di's reaction was anything to go by, they had achieved their goal.

She desperately wanted to shout "BOOM!" at him as soon as she arrived in his office and he saw her but stopped herself.

There was no need to gloat.

She knew she had won against him in the car.

One of her many realizations that evening is that Zi Wei is correct in a lot of things.

The Wang Corporation Heiress truly knows her brother well.

Everyone was surprised that he had taken a woman other than his sister to the event. No one said it out loud but she saw it in their eyes.

People were curious about who she was. Some were a little more blunt in asking her, some were a little craftier in trying to hide their interest.

But the curiosity was DEFINITELY there.

And Yue knew that people wanted to know her, not because of who she is, but because she is the date of one of the hottest bachelors in the country (which in infuriating but a fact she has to recognize).

She was polite with every one but she reserved her warmth for two particular people.

The Yans were such a gracious pair. Xiyuan even told her how happy she was that DiDi had taken her instead of the dumb heiresses he manages to find as dates to certain functions.

She laughed out loud at the premiere actress' words.

Yue had not expected her frankness and natural sense of humor.

She almost wanted to kiss Xiyuan's feet the moment she saw her, but her dress would not allow such movement. If she so much as bent a little incorrectly, her boobs would pop out.

And this dress in particular was what had Wang He Di raging.

Yue bit down her lip to stop herself from calling him out on how he also ogled at her too.

His jaw even dropped the first time they saw each other that night.

But she decided not to goad the man too much in this event. It was formal, there were a lot of press, and the biggest names in business were present. She can take their catty fights to a whole other level another time.

Still, she found pleasure in knowing she had managed to absolutely irritate him.

She knows that THAT is absolutely petty but she is not averse to accepting small wins.