Chapter Forty-Eight

Shenzhen Castle Hotel

Dong Xin flicked her forehead with the force of an almost punch.

"OH MY GOD OUCH!!!!!" Shen Yue screamed in shock, her eyes almost jumping out of their sockets.

"You know we have so much to do today and yet you stayed up late", the Bride admonished the woman who had been sleeping with her mouth open.

How in the world Yue managed to fall so deep in sleep in just ten minutes, she doesn't even want to know.

"Can't I just take a nap? I mean, haven't we done almost everything we needed to do already? We're done with the tour of the venue, we've already checked all of the rooms, and we've sat down with the caterer..."

Xin pouted. "No we haven't! You still need to help me entertain YOUR and Zhi Ting's org mates!"

Yue frowned. "The wedding's on Saturday. I don't know why they arrived this early."

Xin shared the same sentiment.

She knows that as the bride, she should be more gracious, etc. but that has never really been who she is.

It has always been Zhi Ting who had the energy to spend going around, being a social butterfly.

And with the pressure of preparations for the wedding, she was at her wit's end.

And her Maid-of-Honor seems to be floating on air the whole day.

She just wanted to be cocooned somewhere with a steady supply of chocolates and call bullshit on all those wedding movies that showed the bride looking radiant and fresh on the week leading up to their big day.

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL LIES!!!

Dong Xin is sure that just like Yue, her eyebags are the sige of luggages and her pores have expanded to the size of coins.

The only difference might be, Yue lacks sleep but seems happy while she lacks sleep and is slowly running out of reasons to be happy about this upcoming ceremony.

Her mood is deteriorating that the temptation to burst the bubble that her best friend is in is increasing tenfold every passing minute.

She almost wants to shout, "Don't get involved with Wang He Di because if you fall for him and end up marrying him, you would be more stressed than I am because he has such a rich family."

Before she could open her mouth though...

"Love!", Zhi Ting's voice rang out from the entrance of the hotel's lounge area, where she and Yue had taken a few minutes of reprieve.

Xin breathed in for strength and reminded herself that a few days ago, she and Zhi Ting promised each other that they will see this through and just spend their whole honeymoon sleeping.

She put her best smile forward and saw her best friend doing the same.

"Now, I don't need to flick your forehead again."

"I cannot risk you giving me a bump", Yue told her through gritted teeth as their guests came into view, "I also need to look beautiful for your wedding in case you've forgotten."

She fought the need to scream like a banshee when she realized that everyone from Zhi Ting's org really came. It seemed about 20 people walked in after him.