Chapter 46

Sagarin

We arrived at the house right before lunch. The house has two floors, it looks modern on the exterior but really cozy inside. Not to mention, its backyard is the beach! It's a perfect getaway!

I went to the balcony and took in the surroundings. I'm definitely at the province. I inhaled the fresh air and stretched out my hand as I do so.

"Sorry!" Agad kong sabi ng maramdamang may natamaan akong tao.

"Do you like the place?" Tanong sa akin ni Carly.

"Yes! It's really nice. I want a house and a view like this." Sabi ko dito. Kitang kita namin dito ang dagat hanggang horizon.

"Bianca, I-uhm..." Hindi mapakaling panimula nito at mukhang kinakabahan din.

"How is it to be pregnant, Carly?" Nakangiting tanong ko dito tapos ay tumingin sa malayo. How is it to be pregnant with the child of the one you love? I wanna know how it feels but I guess I'll never know.

"Hmmm, it's difficult especially on the first trimester kasi that's when your body is adjusting so there'll be a lot of changes lalo na sa body. Then, add the ever constant mood swings. Pero it feels great knowing that there's a life growing inside you. It's a priceless and indescribable feeling, really." She replied looking out to the ocean with a smile.

"I bet it feels really good knowing na you are carrying the child of the one you love. I mean, you know, na nagbunga yung pagmamahalan niyo and that child is the proof of your love." Bumaling ako dito at nakita itong natitigilan tsaka marahang ngumiti.

"Yes, that's true." Sagot nito at tumingin sa akin.

"Max is one lucky guy and I'm happy that you are finally having the happy ending you both deserve." Nakangiting sabi ko dito but she paled. I ignored her reaction kasi mas nangingibabaw yung realization ko na this really is the ending. Sad ending man yung akin at happy ending yung kanila nonetheless, it's still the end and it's time for a new beginning. Time to move on. Start anew then maybe this time, I'll have my own happy ending.

"I'm sorry." Nilingon ko ito at nakita ko ang malungkot nitong ekspresyon.

"Why are you saying sorry?" I asked with my brows furrowed. She may be the reason why Max can't love me back but I can't blame her. I've always known better than to hate someone who did nothing but to love.

"Uh kasi...Alam ko kung anong ginawa mo para mangyari ulit kami ni Max. Alam ko ang sakripisyo mo para sumaya kami. Siya, para sumaya siya. I know how you feel about him. Nakita ko how much you cared for him, na genuine ang nararamdaman mo towards him amidst all those pretending. And I know it wasn't because he's a friend. Alam kong you like him." Gulat na nilingon ko ito. Walang lumalabas na salita sa bibig ko para kontrahin ang sinabi niya para pagtakpan ang ngayon ay naisiwalat nang sikreto ko. Although I can sense the sincerity in her apologies but at the same time it makes me more sorry for myself too. She pointed out every single sacrifice I made for Max yet here I am still with nothing.