♧18♧

The drive to the after-party was short. It would be held at the function hall of one of Jin's Eatery restaurants near SAS Suites.

Once we're out, I see guards lining the entrance. A similar sight to the one at the hotel. Except these guards look scarier.

We simply walk past them and enter.

The staff greets us and one of the female workers lead us to the function hall where everything would ensue.

Upon entering, the lavishly decorated hall leaves us in awe. The hall is as big as the ballroom in our mansion.

An extravagant chandelier hangs above us and food tables line both sides of the hall. Round tables litter the hall and I see numerous utensils placed on them in an orderly manner. The chairs are lined with purple velvet and the stage is well polished with the curtains pushed to the side.

The lady escorts us further into the room until we reach the front of the hall. "This is your table. I hope you enjoy the rest of the evening."

We bow gratefully and I don't miss the surprise her expression morphs into. "Thank you."

"Y-you're welcome." She stutters out.

"Ah. You're here." A voice speaks from somewhere behind us and we spin around to look at the familiar figure heading towards us.

"Mr. Kim! Thank you so much for taking the time to organise all of this for us. It must've taken you ages. Everything is well-decorated. I must say, I'm impressed. You've got quite the eye for detail." My mother speaks as soon as he gets close enough to hear her.

He laughs gently. "Thank you, Madame Song. I'm glad that the decoration is to your liking." He says in that gentle voice he possesses. "Oh. And please just call me Seokjin. Or Jin." He says kindly.

His eyes flicker to me and he smiles in what I can only describe as amusement. I wait for him to say something but he just stares at me like I'm some kind of fascinating object at a museum.

"Hyung. Good to see you." Jungkook cuts in.

"Yes, Jungkook. It's good to see you too. Where are Mr. And Mrs. Jeon?" He asks, looking a bit annoyed at the interruption.

"They'll be here soon, hyung." He says smoothly.

"I see. Well, I can't wait to see them again. Mrs. Jeon's favourite dessert is among one of the selected dishes." He informs the younger boy. "I'm sure she'll be pleased to hear that." Jungkook replies.

Seokjin simply hums in response.

The woman who so kindly escorted us here approaches her boss and whispers something into his ear which makes him frown a bit.

He diverts his gaze to us and smiles.

"I'm afraid I'll have to go now. I have something rather important to attend to. I'll be back later. The guests will be here soon. I hope you enjoy your evening with us." He says gracefully.

I speak up making him look at me intensely. "Is there something wrong?"

He loosens his neck tie a bit. "Not at all, young lady Song."

I nod, pretending to believe his response. "Okay then. I'm glad to hear that. Thank you for your accommodation." I say truthfully and he nods, walking off.

But before he can leave, I tell him something.

"And please," He doesn't turn to me fully but he does turn his head slightly to stare at me. "just call me Kira." I finish, shooting him a meaningful stare.