♤3♤

Double update 'coz I love y'all
Enjoy!

●●●

As Jennie sits next to me, I stare at her face, wondering what her intentions are. She looks back at me from the corner of her eye.

And then she realizes everyone is staring at us, waiting for the exchange. Probably anticipating the 'goddess kicks me out of this seat because I'm a pleb' scene. But it never comes.

Instead she snaps her head to the side, eyes gleaming dangerously. "What're you all looking at, huh? Don't you people have a life to get back to? Stop staring at us and start minding your own business!" She snaps followed by two claps of her hands and everybody slowly turns around to get back to whatever they were doing like talking to their seatmate, studying or just going on their phones.

And just like that, the atmosphere somewhat returns back to normal and everything looks normal once more.

But the tension is still thick enough to cut with a knife and I can still see people shooting me skeptical looks every once in a while.

But Jennie sees this and glares at them, indicating that she wants them to get back to whatever work they were doing once more. Eventually, everyone does as they're told, leaving the both of us alone.

Not even Nancy nor her goons have the audacity to shoot me a glare.

At least they know what's good for them.

I stare at Jennie warily and criticise her intentions.

Why would she sit next to me out of all people? Is someone already sitting here? Will she ask me to leave politely? Or rudely? Is she taking pity on me because I'm a charity in acting? What will she do next? Will she even talk to me at all?

Thoughts fill my head and I continue to stare at her. Apparently, I've been staring at her for a bit too long because she eventually stares back.

I expect her to snap at me and tell me to mind my own business but instead, she smiles gracefully.

And this smile isn't fake like Nancy's or her goons'. It's a genuine, soft smile. Almost like the type of smile you would give to a little sister that you'd want to protect with all your heart.

I would know because I've given Haneul that look one too many times.

Jennie speaks in a cute voice that I didn't even know she was capable of. "Is there something on my face?" As she says this, her bottom lip pushes out in a pout and my eyes widen in surprise.

I quickly mask it with the look of adoration though.

"No....uhm...no. Of course not. It's just that...you are so much prettier in real life. I'm actually a really big fan of you and your designs. You make the most beautiful clothes. You're like, so awesome!" I say like a child, talking to her mom to ask her for candy.

She stares at me in amusement as I giggle while fangirling.

My face drops as I look at her with a sudden realization and she stares back at me, patiently waiting for me to speak.

"Will someone be sitting here, by the way? Because if that's so, then I'll just set off to find another row. It's totally fine." I say sheepishly.

She chuckles at my words. "No. My friends and I usually sit next to each other, but you can start sitting in between us from now on." She says kindly.

I stare at her in awe. "A-are you sure? I mean. Won't your friends mind? I'm a charity and-" She cuts me off by waving a hand at me.

"Social standing is of no importance to me nor my friends so don't stress yourself out about that shit." She pauses for a moment before continuing. "Besides, it's the personality that matters and to be honest, I like you. You're cute, funny but most importantly, you aren't a pushover."

I stare at her in a daze. "Cute...?" I say with admiration swirling my brown orbs.

Have I finally found an ally?

"Yes, darling. You're as adorable as you get. I appreciate a strong girl like you. I've always hated these labels. I believe that people should be able to live free of all these bounds that society has forced onto them. After all, we're all humans. We are equal. No matter what the race, sexuality, religion  or even social standing is. In the end, we'll all die anyway so we should live everyday like it's our last and be kind to others. Because what matters isn't your wealth. It's what you've done in this world before you go. We can't take our wealth with us to our graves so it should be upto us how people remember us. If you want to be remembered as a good person then do good things. Simple as that."

I stare at her with a newfound sense of respect. Every line that has come out of her mouth was true. In the end, we're all human and we should treat each other kindly while we still can. Especially, despite of social standings.

It is in that moment that I realize that I no longer have any reason to doubt her intentions.

This beautiful woman sitting in front of me genuinely wants to be my friend and I'm going to let her.

It's confirmed.

Jennie Kim is an ally.