♤14♤

Kira always hated crowds.

Yes. She was the most popular person at school and at social events, she would always smile and strike up conversations with everyone at social events with little to no problem, but that didn't mean she liked it.

She hates it.

She hates the loud music, the judgemental stares, the criticizing words.

Most importantly, she hates being forced to socialise and do things that she doesn't want to do.

People made her uncomfortable.

She's always been an introvert. Something that's unbeknownst to many. Everyone around her would claim to be her best friend, her sister, her family.

But in reality?

She couldn't care less about them. Because she knew that they wouldn't stay. She knew that they wouldn't stick around long enough.

Because when you have to choose a side to show a person, that simply means that they aren't worth your time.

Before Kira was thrown into the life she has now, she was always forced to join singing competitions and socialise at parties.

She'd get reprimanded for staying in one place and refusing to socialise. She'd get yelled at whenever she didn't want to practice her singing. She'd get accused of being lazy and selfish when they didn't get what they wanted from her.

She was nothing but a mere trophy child. All dolled up for the satisfaction of others.

When she'd sit in a corner and read or write, people would ask her why.

But she could never tell them that she'd rather drown herself in words than drown herself in a bathtub.

She was tired. And broken beyond repair. But no one seemed to understand her.

They'd scold her for being insensitive to their feelings even when they couldn't comprehend that anhedonia and depression had simply engulfed every fibre of her being.

The pain that they disregarded dissolved to numbness and anger and resentment had subconsciously rooted itself deep within her.

She would give up anytime now.

But she didn't.

Because the Songs came into play.