♤7♤

Trigger warning: discussion of suicide throughout this chapter.

Kira's POV

After what happened yesterday, I am dreading this day of school. Especially since I've gotten a report that a certain group of people have been questioning my motives and doing a little digging.

And I can't have anything like that happening before the press conference this weekend.

So I need to lay low starting today.

Dammit.

I've never been good at laying low. Trouble always finds me no matter what the time, situation or place is. I mean, that is how I became a Song. But sometimes, my 'trouble-attracting' quality can become quite the nuisance.

Especially at times like this.

I would not have come to school today if it weren't for the sake of my mother's wishes. And lowkey for the sake of the girls who I met yesterday too. We didn't really get to exchange numbers or anything yesterday, so I'm assuming they might be worried sick about me.

Especially after the stunt I pulled yesterday.

Just thinking about what another day at this prissy private school has in store for me, makes me groan in annoyance.

Double dammit.

I slept through my first two classes and I only have plans to attend a few other classes today.

One of them being, Creative Writing.

When I met the girls in the hall earlier, they questioned me about my whereabouts and demanded that we exchange numbers so that they don't get worried sick about me next time.

They were worried to the point that they didn't even question my flip phone.

Jisoo did most of the reprimanding and the other girls just questioned me. Eventually though, they let it slide. But only after we exchanged numbers and Jennie gave me a sermon about how I should stay out of trouble for the rest of the day.

I reluctantly agreed to that.

Now, I'm on my way to my Creative Writing class. As soon as I get there, I sit down in the front row and take out my notebook, waiting for the class to start.

It does eventually, and a familiar looking purple haired boy, plops down onto the seat right beside me.

This earns me a tonne of jealous glares from the girls but I ignore them and continue listening to what the professor is saying.

"Today, we will have a discussion about a book that has been stirring up a lot of controversy lately." She pauses to take out the book from her drawer, and I almost wince as I hear the loud rustling and slamming of the metal. She holds up the book that I'm highly familiar with and proceeds with her statements.

"For those of you who aren't familiar with this book, it is a best-selling novel called 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Are you all familiar with this book?" She asks.

I look around to see everyone nodding their heads.

"Then it won't be hard to have this discussion, now will it?" She says and shoots us a satisfied look. "Who would like to go first?" I'm about to raise my hand but the guys next to me beats me to it.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"

Mr. Kim stands.

As he proceeds to speak, the room falls silent as his voice which is smooth with reasoning and serenity, washes over the room and all eyes fall on him.