♤ 1 ♤

The students at Park Academy were hustling and bustling. Ever since they've heard of the new students' admission, they've been on their toes, eagerly waiting for his or her arrival.

Now this isn't because they're excited to see a new face. Of course it isn't. This is because Park Academy is a competition ground for a bunch of rich snobs.

All they care about is fame, money, power and control. To everyone, everyone around them is prey. Prey that they need to eliminate and keep tabs on. Because social standing plays a crucial role in the Park Academy society.

And soon, Shinsung Yoon will be in the midst of this societal mess.

Shinsung's POV

I would appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to get me out of here. Really. What is the point of school anyway? I'd rather be at home watching reruns of my favorite kdramas or in my office, attending to important paperwork.

Not here. At this jungle of rich and snobby predators, pretending to be a charity to find out who's genuine and who isn't. I don't wanna be here for the sole purpose of socialising and making allies.

I groan inwardly. This is ridiculous. Why would mother make me do this? I mean. Don't get me wrong. I love the woman but sometimes she can get a bit...how should I put it?

Overwhelming.

I realize that I've been standing out here and staring at the gates for too long so I step in before I can make a fool out of myself any longer.

As soon as I step in, eyes are on me. I know for a fact that news travels fast in this prissy private school so surely, they know about the admission of the new student - which just so happens to be my unfortunate self - and are now keeping tabs on her the moment she enters.

I continue to walk with my head down and scoff.

All this for their precious social standings? These rich snobs are much more lifeless than I expected.

If you think this can't get any worse, then you're dead wrong. Because as soon as I manage to slip into my designated Business Management class, the world seems to stop for everyone but me as I slowly make my way to a middle seat of the fifth row which isn't too far behind in class and not to close to the front either. It's the perfect spot.

Even as I sit, I still feel the burning gazes of my classmates on me, drilling holes into every fibre of my being. I'm leaning back onto my chair with my arms crossed, my head down and my hood on so no one has seen my face yet, but I can feel every scrutinizing glare sent my way.

I groan inwardly for the second time today.

What is with these people and their staring?!? I whine in my head. This is blasphemy!

Can't they get a life? You'd think these rich snobs would have better things to do than to assess a disguised pleb like me but no. They just have to use their x-ray vision to try and intimidate me.

I scoff at the ridiculousness of the situation which I'm sure everyone heard considering the pin-drop silence but I don't care.

I whip my phone out of my pocket and start to play hole.io in order to kill time before class starts until my phone vibrates with a notification from instagram.

I raise a brow and check who it's from.

Mochi (Tokki's Abettor)

I tap it to see the message and almost laugh but hold it in. I'm sure everyone can still see my form shaking with laughter though. But again, I don't care. I shrug my careless thoughts off, and read the message once more.