~ Eighteen ~

Night slowly crept up on the arena, as me and Lex hunted for food and water. She led the way with a bow and arrow, and I followed behind, twisting the star ring around my finger. Slowly, everything got darker.

"I think we should rest" Lex finally said, after the moon had reached almost the middle of the sky. I simply nodded in agreement. We settled down on the grass, Lex had taken the first watch, insisting that I was still traumatized, and needed rest.

I was just about to fall asleep, when the Capitol anthem came on, and my attention was averted to the sky. A few people from the districts below me, however Sash was safe. And finally, Milo. Tears pricked my eyes as his face, bright and beaming lit up the sky. I knew from somewhere, Sash would be crying, if Thorn hadn't already told him.

I pushed those thoughts from my head, and squeezed my eyes closed, hoping that I would find at least a bit of rest. However, sleep found Lex easier than me. I decided that I would try to tire my self out, and grabbed one of the packs. Just in case.

I began to treck around where we had set up base, slowly inching farther and farther away, until I eventually chose a direction, and just walked in a straight line.

I did plan on going back to Lex at some point or another, but I just needed some time to think over what I had done.

I kept walking, and eventually found a stream. And smoke? My eyes widened as I dived into a bush. Someone had been here recently, and I knew that Paris would be here to kill. Sure enough, Paris and another girl turned up to the campfire.

"Damn it! You said they would be here!" Paris yelled to the other girl.

"I'm sorry, ok? I thought she was here. After all, she is the only one dumb enough to light a fire" The other girl replied.

"Look, Valerie, all I want is to kill Thorn Miller. Ok? And if you can't help me with that, then I'll just kill you" she said to the district 2 tribute, Valerie Domitia.

"Well, maybe I won't help you" Valerie said, beginning to walk away.

"One way or another, I'm going to kill you!" Paris yelled after her, stomping off in another direction.

I sighed, and after a while, gathered enough courage to stand up again. I turned to head back to Lex, when a wave of guilt hit me. I had killed Milo, and I finally had a way to make it up to Thorn. I knew where Paris was.

I slowly began to follow the path she had taken, hoping that maybe she could lead me to Thorn.

I finally caught up to her, but stayed a few steps behind her silhouette at all times, in case she saw me.

I knew Thorn would have to forgive me if I brought her Paris. So that was my plan.