~ Nine ~

After lunch, we went back to the training centre. Sash went off with the small boy, and Thorn went towards the shooting zone. I was left to walk around and decide what I wanted to practise. I decided that I didn't want to learn to use a weapon, I didn't really want to win by killing everyone. My plan was to wait for everyone to kill themselves, and then all I had to do, was survive! And if that plan failed, then at least I knew I had some skill with a knife. I sat down in the fire making making area, and for a few hours, I learnt how different conditions can prevent the method used for making fire, but I also learned how to overcome those set-backs.

Before I knew it, the training session was over. I stood up, and saw that Sash was now stood behind me.

"Quick question before we start talking, what is that really small kids name? I have no idea, and well, you two seem to be quite close" I said nudging him the way you would nudge your brother.

"His name's Milo, and he's from 11" Sash said, a small blush creeping onto his face. I smiled at him. "Anyway, you were working on starting fires. How did that go?" Sash asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Eh. It's fire. What did you do?" I asked him.

"Oh, um, I practised sword fighting..." He began, but quickly stopped. I finished for him though.

"With Milo." He looked over at me with a guilty face. "I'm not here to judge, I'm here to survive" I said. He smiled over at me, as we walked back over to our rooms.

---

"You two! You just sat there while that girl argued with the district one tribute! Now everyone in the Capitol has seen you with her, and is now associating you two with those fools!" Aofie yelled as soon as we entered our room. Sash began to walk towards Aofie after hearing the word 'fool' but I pulled him back. Who knows how many cameras there are in this room.

"We're sorry Aofie, but we want them as our allies" I said, looking straight into her eyes, showing that I had no fear. Before Aofie could start a long winded explanation of why they were deemed 'fools', Yarnn stepped in.

"Why?" was all she asked. Why? Because they're our friends, and Sash has a thing for Milo. No. Yarnn wouldn't accept that. Because... Because...

"Because they have valuable skills" Was all I manged to say. Yarnn's eyebrows lifted ever so slightly, as she gestured for me to expand on what I had said. "well, Thorn's good with an axe, and she knows how to tie knots. I saw her. And as for Milo, he's small, but strong, and he acts as motivation for Sash. They have a... friendship" I said to Yarnn.

"Fair enough" was all she said.

"what do you mean?" Sash asked desperately.

"You can have them as your allies, if they agree that is" I smiled, and Sash ran over and hugged me, whispering in my ear 'Thank you'.