~ Six ~

After a day of learning to walk in heels without falling over, and testing out different tones of makeup against my skin, it was finally time for the chariots. Or at least to get ready. I went down to see who would be Capitolising my style, to be greeted by Yarnn and Aofie.

"Angora! You're finally here, we've wanted to introduce your stylist for ages now, here he comes! Angora, this is Vey, you're new stylist whilst you're in the games" I looked at Vey. He seemed to follow the Capitol style, but he had a bit of district 8 in his outfit too. He had really tried.

"Angora, hi. Aofie, Yarnn if you could please leave until our princess is ready for the ride, it would be most appreciated! Thank you. Now, An, do you mind if I call you An?" I shook my head, and he brought me into a changing room. Here, I was prepared. Cleaned.

My small group of stylists hadanaged to turn me into a shy looking young girl. As though I were Bo's age. I looked back in the mirror. I was still shy, but I could now see some fierceness too. That was when Vey showed me my outfit.

It was glorious. It was a grey one piece, like a swimming costume made of wool, and it had a purple overcoat. Well, many shades of purple, and magenta, and fuschia. Vey then handed me a pair of blue shoes that resembled spindles. I looked completely different.

I stepped out of the changing room after I was done, to see Electra waiting for me. She was wearing a salmon bikini with a fishnet dress over the top of it. It wasn't very covering.

"An, finally. I was getting bored of everyone else. Wow, that's really some outfit" she commented.

"Listen, Electra, I..."

"Please, call me Lex"

"Okay, Lex, I really gotta get to my chariot, catch up after?"

"Sure, ally" she said, slunking around the corner to wear her partner was waiting. We were allies now.

I walked up to the golden chariot with an 8 on the side. It was magnificent. The horses were black, to represent loss. I had been taught that in school, seeing as district 8 never won, we were known for our loss.

Sash was stood at the other side, wearing a one piece shorts and vest with a material and overcoat similar to mine. We really were matching.

I looked down, and could see beautiful, golden dresses, sparking dresses, and flower skirts. Then, I caught Lex's eye. She smiled at me, and gave me a sly wave, before stepping into her own chariot, lead by white horses.

I got into mine and Sash's chariot. He must've been able to tell I was nervous, as he grabbed my hand. This didn't help though, as the doors opened, and district one left. The cold wind hit me, and I shivered. Sash saw this, and pulled me closer, so that we were standing with no space between us.

It wasn't a romantic gesture, more brotherly.

Finally, it was our turn to leave. We stood, still together, and waved at the Capitol crowd. They cheered at us, some booed, clearing already taking sides.

We stopped near the front, and listened to president Raven, as she said some words about the games. She was wearing a black suit, with her black hair pulled back into a sleek ponytail.

Finally, the ride was over, and the Capitol's screams were drowned out by the closing doors.

That was one part over. Just a few more to go.