~ Eleven ~

A/N This chapter will be quite a bit longer than all the other ones! Enjoy!

I woke up when Aofie knocked on my door. It was light outside, and it seemed around midday. I sat up as another loud bang on my door told me that Aofie was waiting.

"Angora! Hurry up right now!" She yelled, knocking on the door again.

"Give the girl some rest, in three days, she'll be fighting for her life" Yarnn said quietly to Aofie. I could hear the sigh leave our escorts lips as she yelled back one thing to me.

"5 minutes, then I expect you to be ready in the dining hall" I checked the clock beside my bed. It read 11:35. I looked back to the door. There wasn't any clothes hanging up from Vey, so I searched through my draws to find something to wear. I pulled out a pair of black jeans, and a light grey top. I brushed my hair back, not bothering to style it as Vey and his team would later. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had come so far in the last few days, I was no longer just a girl from district 8, I was a tribute, and in a few days, I would be cut away from the rest of the world to fight other people, some who I had become friends with. A tear began to fall down my face, and I quickly wiped it away. I looked away from the mirror, and left the room, going towards the dining hall.

"Now, you're going to need to act as though visiting the Capitol was a blessing, like you actually enjoyed your time here" I heard Yarnn say to Sash, earning her a slap from Aofie.

"You did enjoy your time here, you shouldn't need to act" Aofie said. I walked into the small area we had to eat in, and took a seat next to Sash, grabbing some toast. 

"An, we we're just talking about strategies for the interviews" Sash said, trying to include me in the conversation.

"Good, I need all the help I can get" I said towards Aofie. She smiled, obviously glad that I was trying to impress the Capitol and win the Hunger Games.

"So, to start the day, you have some extra time to train with weapons" Yarnn told us. "Make sure to use this time wisely, as after this, you only have one other day to practise" She looked over to us. "Your schedule consists of the interview today, with half a day of training, tomorrow, you're being rated, and the day after, you have your final day of training, then after that, you have the games" She finally finished. I took a deep breath. In only three days, we would be competing. 

"We'll let you two have some time alone while we sort out your allies" Aofie said, pulling Yarnn out of the room.

"Happy Birthday by the way" Sash said, handing me a loaf of bread. "15 years old today" He gave me a weak smile.

"Is this..No! Sash! You shouldn't have!" I said, realising that this loaf was his fathers special birthday bread.

"What else could I give you?" He asked, still smiling.

                                                                                                ---

We went down to the training centre, where a small speech was given. I couldn't find Thorn, so I stood next to Lex. The speech was all about how we had to make the most of this day and a half of training left. 

After the speech ended, I saw Thorn and Milo enter the training centre. I ran over to Thorn.

"You missed the speech, don't worry though, it wasn't much" I said. She nodded and pushed past me. I went over to the target section, and looked at the knives. 'Maybe later' I told myself, wandering off to the fishing section. 

After a while, I heard Paris' voice coming from the camouflage section. I looked over to see her and Thorn. 

"Excuse me, we don't let traitors in this section" Paris said with a smug look on her face. 

"I can only be a traitor if we were friends in the first place, and guess what? We weren't" Thorn said in a cold tone. My eyes widened as I heard her talking to Paris in such a way. She obviously had a death wish. 

"You wanna start the fight early do you?" Paris threatened, taking a step towards Thorn.

"Not particularly, I think you need a bit more practise first" Thorn replied, throwing a paintbrush at Paris, who couldn't catch it. "Point proven" She finally added.

Thorn the stood up, and left the section. I abandoned my fishing hook, and ran over to her side.

"That was amazing! No-one ever stands up to Paris!" I said, still in a state of shock. She rolled her eyes.

"Well, everyone needs to be a bit braver don't they" I smiled at her as she walked over to the fire section. I decided that I might as well perfect my skills in knife throwing, so I sauntered off to the target section, picked up a knife, and threw it directly into the three bulls eyes.

I was in a world of my own. There was a certain skill to throwing knives, and it was calming to me. I soon realised that Thorn was also at this section. She picked up a knife and threw it. It almost hit the centre, but was slightly off.

"Close one" I said, turning back to see Thorn. She scowled at me.

"I wonder if you'll ever leave me alone" She said to me, and a look of confusion crossed my face. Why was she all of a sudden so cold towards me? Before I could say anything to her though, Sash came to her.

"Milo got in an argument with some boy from district 1 and the boy punched him, and he's lying on the floor, not responding!" Sash said. He was panicked. Thorn ran over to where Milo was lying, but I stayed in this section left with the task of comforting Sash. 

"He'll be fine Sash" I said, trying my hardest not to panic.

"Thanks" he said "I needed to hear that"