~ Thirteen ~

"Angora Calico? Angora, you're up next" one of the stage workers told me. I was lined up behind district 7's male tribute, who had just gone on stage. I took a deep breath, and peered around the corner. There were alot of lights, so I couldn't see the audience yet.

Lex walked past, going back to the tribute center. She had done hers already. She quickly gave me a thumbs up, before continuing to walk past. I took another deep breath.

"Angora, your go now" someone said, and ushered me onstage.

"And now, district 8's female tribute, Angora Calico!" I heard Chrysen Bell, the presenter for the Capitol say. Almost everyone in the crowd cheered.

"Now, Angora. We haven't heard much about you, have we? Anything... Special planned for the Games?" Chrysen asked me, gesturing for me to sit down, I remembered to smile, just like Aofie told me.

"I have to say Chrysen, nothing exciting, just, well, survive" I said, and the crowd gave a quiet chuckle.

"Good strategy! Anyone you want to dedicate this interview to?" He said. I could tell he didn't really know what to ask me, after all, I was a nobody in the games.

"My little sister, Bobbin" I said, looking straight into one of the cameras.

"Awww" the crowd all said at once.

"Now, Angora, I must say, your dress is as beautiful as your name" Chrysen complimented me.

"Not very beautiful then" I said.

"Nonsense! Doesn't she look lovely everyone?" He called out to the crowd, who responded with a cheer.

"So, do you have an inspiration, from one of the previous victors?" Chrysen asked.

"I do acctually"

"Who?"

"Cora Lux. She was... Incredible in her games, and she barely killed anyone. I think if everyone was like her, then we would have what we deserve. No Hunger Games" The crowd was shocked, but I continued anyway. I could see Aofie out the corner of my eye, shaking her head. "We don't deserve death. No one does. And if you think it's fair, the why doesn't the Capitol take part too? Huh?" I asked. I knew everyone in the districts was listening too, and I hoped that just one of them might have the courage for another rebellion.

"Unfortunately, that's all we have time for today, thank you Angora, everyone!" Chrysen said, but I was already walking off stage.

---

"Why on earth?! What...What came over you?!"

"What about the plan?!"

"An? Are you alright?"

Everyone was bombarding me with questions I didn't want to answer right now. All I wanted, was to be back in eight, with Bo, curled up, watching the fire, or the stars, or anything other than the hunger games! Tears began to fall down my cheeks, smudging any make-up I was wearing. I stopped walking, turned around, and faced my mentor, my escort, and my ally. They all stopped in their tracks once they saw I was weeping.

"No, I'm not alright" I said first to Sash, "Screw the plan" I said to Yarnn, "I couldn't let anyone else go into these games, I had to spark... something" I said finally said to Aofie, before turning around, and running to the cafeteria. Sure enough, she was there.

"You know, you're crying, right?" She said, smiling at me. Her brown hair was tied into a braided crown, and she was wearing a beautiful, blue dress, with gold highlights, and sleeves that had slits in the side. She was stunning.

"Yeah" I replied meekly.

"Okay, good. Not many people cry around here. They don't want to show they're 'weak'" Lex said, turning to face me. I simply nodded, and looked down at my dress. Sure, it was beautiful, but it wasn't me. I would never wear this.

"The games have changed me so much, and we're not even in the arena yet" I stated with a small sigh. An image of Bo, watching me in the games made it's way to the front of my mind. I winced, before pushing it back again.

"I know. I'm wearing a dress!" Lex replied, trying to lighten the mood. "Well, we have one more day of training tomorrow. Better get some rest" She said, standing up from her perched position on one of the tables. "Goodnight" She walked off into the stairwell, and made her way up to the fourth floor. I took a deep breath, before composing myself, and making my own way up to the eight floor. One more day, and then we would be in the arena, fighting for our lives, fighting for freedom.