~ Sixteen ~

I sat up, sweat dripping down my face, and rubbed my eyes. Someone was yelling my name, but I blocked them from my thoughts, and instead tried to remember my dream. It had obviously frightened me, but the harder I tried, the further from grasp it lept. I finally gave up, and walked towards my door. Yanking it open, I glared at the familiar sight of my Capitol escort, Aofie.

"What?!" I said, a hint of anger seeping into my words.

"We have to leave soon, and you're not even dressed! Let me help you" she said, pushing past me, and pulling open drawers at random. I looked around the room. Someone had cleared up from last night, clearly. My bed had a blanket and pillow on the end, and all my clothes were neatly folded away in my cabinets.

"Here you go" she said, handing me some clothes. "Don't worry, they'll give you some more... Accessories before you enter the arena" she pushed past me again, and shut the door, leaving me to get ready.

The clothes Aofie had handed me, were some black leggings, and a simple off-white vest, with some black shoes. Of course, this wasn't everything, but it still sent a wave of fear through me. I brushed my platinum blonde hair, and pulled it up into a ponytail, before grabbing my star ring. My token. I then looked once more around what had been my home for the past few days, and left.

---

A few hours later, and me and Sash were sat in the back of a small car, making our way over to our transportation to the arena. Neither of us had said a word to each other, and neither of us planned to.

Eventually, we arrived at a small airport. There was a large sign that read:

Tributes only past this point.

"Well, as you can see, we can't go with you any further" Yarnn said. She was wearing a similar outfit to mine and Sash's. Black leggings and an off-white vest. "Good luck out there" she said, shaking mine and Sash's hand. Aofie on the other hand, was already crying.

"I just want to say, that... I have so much faith in you two... I feel that you can win if you really want to! G... Good lu... Luck!" She said between wails, and pulled us into a hug.

Me and Sash smiled at both Aofie and Yarnn as we made our way to a small plane that had '4-8' on the side. They were the districts on this plane. At least I would have Lex though. I took a seat, and waited. Finally, Lex walked onto the plane. She had grey leggings, with a blue T-shirt.

"Hey, ally!" She said, taking a seat next to me.

"So you agreed?" I asked, and she just nodded.

"Of course"

---

"We are now heading over to the rooms below the arena. Before we get there though, we must place a tracker in your arm" a women said, as more people came round with rather large syringes. One made their way over to me, and jabbed the needle in my arm. I winced in pain, as I saw the small tracker leave the tube and enter my arm.

"Now that everyone has a tracker, you have 10 minutes until the games begin. Good luck" she said again, and the doors opened, and we all made our way to the designated rooms given to us.

---

I walked down a slim corridor, until I found the room with 'District 8: Female' on the door. I slowly opened it, and took a seat. The room was rather bare, with grey-blue walls and a similar floor. Right in the middle was a tube, big enough for me to stand inside, and projected on the tube, was the time left.

7:34

The door then opened, and Vey walked in.

"Sorry, I just had to set up the stylists with Sash" he said. I nodded and stood up, too scared that if I opened my mouth, I would cry. Vey smiled at me, before turning around and grabbing something black.

"Here" he said, and put the coat on me. It was quite thick, and was waterproof.

5:07

"Only five more minutes" Vey looked around the room, eyeing the corners. "Cameras everywhere" he finally said, looking back to me. I nodded once again. Everything was going crazy. In just a few minutes, I would be fighting for my life! Bo would be watching me, and cheering me on, but what would happen when I died? No, not when, if. I had to tell myself that I could still survive, if only for Bo's sake.

1:00

I had been thinking for almost five minutes! And now, I only had one more minute until I fought for life. I began to quicken my breathing pace, and Vey noticed this. His eyes widened, and he pulled me into a hug.

"Its ok, everything's fine, you're gonna be ok" he whispered in my ear.

"30 seconds left" a female voice said. Tears began to prick my eyes. I promised myself I would stay strong for Bo, and yet here I was, tears threatening to spill from my eyes, and down my cheeks. What would Bo think?

"10 seconds left" Vey released me from the hug, and pushed me towards the tube.

"5 seconds left" I looked to Vey once more as he mouthed 'good luck'.

"3

2

1

May the odds be ever in your favour" the voice said, as the tube began lifting me up into a bright, sunny day. I shut my eyes to protect them from the blinding light, and took a moment to compose myself. Then I opened them, as President Raven's voice said:

"Happy Hunger Games" and the cannon fired.