~ Seventeen ~

The cannon fired, and I ran as fast as I could. I began by running towards the cornucopia, but soon realized my mistake, as I watched the bloodbath. Everyone was either killing or dying. I turned around, when someone threw something at me.

"Go! Now! I'll meet up with you later!" It was Lex. She had thrown me a pack, and I slung it over my shoulder, and began to run. I ran into the jungle, away from the desert on the other side of the cornucopia. I kept running for what felt like hours, until I heard footsteps. I narrowed my eyes, and settled down in a shrub, making sure that I was hidden. Two silhouettes made their way past me, and once I was sure they were gone, I opened my pack. Inside was a rope, a pack of 10 matches, some daggers, and a small flask, along with some bandages. I took one of the daggers, and decided to follow the pair that walked past me. After all, they didn't know I was there, and I had to remove some competition. I quietly followed them, until I heard their muffled voices. Then, they split up. I decided to stay where I was, after all, they might come back. Sure enough, after what felt like a few hours, one of the people returned, and sat down.

I took aim with my knife, when the second returned. I shrunk down a little. They seemed happy about something. This was the perfect chance. Once again, I took aim, and threw the knife straight into one of their hearts. A split second later, an axe was thrown my way, barely missing my head.

"Watch where you throw that axe idiot!" I yelled out, running to watch at another angle. I needed to see who it was. It couldn't have been... No. It wasn't. Just because there was an axe, doesn't mean that Thorn was there. I kept watching, and heard a cannon. They were dead. 

I winced as realization dawned. I had killed that person. I heard a soft voice after a while, tinged with pain.

"Milo? Milo, wake up! Please, Milo..." Thorn was sobbing. My eyes widened. I had killed Milo. What would Sash think? I began to run away as I though of Sash and Thorn running after me. Both of them wishing I was dead. I kept running, back towards the cornucopia. Maybe someone was still there? Maybe that someone could kill me! I kept running, and eventually reached the starting point of this horror. Lex was the only person there. She noticed me, and ran towards me.

"An! You're ok!" She said pulling me into a hug. When she pulled back, I just shook my head.

"What happened?" She asked. I looked towards her, and opened my mouth, but all that came out was tears.

"He's dead! Because of m... Me! And I promised B... B... Bo that I would m... Make it out al... Alive, but I w... Was trying to F.... Find someone to k.... K.... Kill me!" I cried out to Lex. She just took me in her arms, and consoled me.

"Its fine" she reapeted, drilling it into my head so that I would believe it. I just nodded along, knowing that if I had to, I could always find Sash or Thorn to kill me, and save me from the Games. After all, I had killed Milo.