~ Three ~

I found myself walking down a corridor, side by side with the male tribute, following Aofie. I became aware that Aofie was talking to us.

"Now, Angora, Sash, we're going to take you to your 'rooms' and you'll be given 10 minutes to say goodbye to your families, before we set out on the wonderful adventure to the marvelous Capitol!" Aofie said, and gave a small giggle.

She led me and Sash (who I'm guessing is the male tribute) towards our small rooms. Almost instantly after shutting my door, a heavy knock came. I opened the door to see a peacekeeper standing with Bobbin, who came running in and hugged me.

The peacekeeper walked away as I shut the door.

"Bo, are you ok? Everything's gonna be fine. Don't worry about me. I'll be ok" I said, reassuring both me and her that I would be ok. She was too young to understand that I wouldn't be coming home.

From around my neck, I took off a chain that held another ring. Our fathers ring. He was called Solis, old Latin for Sun. His ring had a depiction of the sun.

"Bo, this was fathers, before he left. He would've wanted you to have it" I said, handing her the ring, and wiling off her tears.

"Now we'll be m...matching" she said, putting the ring on her small finger, and looking at my star ring from mama.

"Yeah" I replied, pulling her back in for another hug.

"You'll try your hardest? For me?" she asked me as I felt hot tears falling down my cheeks.

"Of course. Remember that nursery rhyme mama said was from the old lands. Little Bo Peep? I'll sing it, in the arena, and you'll know that I'm ok. Stay with the village, ok? They'll look after you" I said, as I heard the familiar sound of Aofie's heels out side the door, along with a light knock.

"Angora? Hurry up, we have a tight schedule" I hugged Bo one last time, and kissed her forehead before opening the door and inviting Aofie in.

"Stop crying, you're about to go out and meet the Capitol. Oh, what are you still doing here? Peacekeepers, escort this girl back to the village. And get the tribute some tissues" a peacekeeper came in and led Bo out.

"An! AN! PLEASE! AN! GOOD LUCK! AN!" Bo yelled through tears as she was taken back to the village.

"Come on now Angora. We have to leave for the Capitol now" Aofie said, leading me off towards the train.

I sat on the train next to Sash.

"Any skills? Or useful skills for the arena?" Sash asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I had never really had any reason to practise with weapons.

"No, me either. Not that I know about anyway" he replied. Aofie walked into the cart just as the train started to move forward.

I watched out of the window as my home slowly dissapered into the distance. I imagined how Bo must be feeling so lonely. Tears rolled down my face as I left my life behind, and stared into the unknown.