7. Njizrski

-Chase-

-Chase-

I thought I was dead. I should've been dead. That half a second I had left after Dante launched at me should've been the last I had on this earth since I had no time to even think about protecting myself.

But it wasn't the last one.

I could hear another loud growl coming from upstairs, but I barely registered it. All I could understand was Dante's unnaturally long fangs that were aimed at my throat. I blinked, and suddenly I couldn't see the fangs, but the back of my sweet, sweet Eru in her demon form, standing on top of Dante after jumping down from the second floor. Dante was on the ground, pinned against the floor under her heavy weight, gasping for air after the impact.

But I had no time to celebrate. Dante growled in fury and pushed himself up, forcing Eru to back off. She stayed between him and me, her big ears pinned back, her long tail whipping through the air in anger and hissing like the demonic sabretooth she was. Dante had to retreat a bit since her fangs and her claws were bigger, and her rage was more terrifying than his.

I finally got my head back up and running. I immediately knew I had to get Dante out of my home. He would destroy my house if I let him stay there any longer, but I couldn't let him go outside either. I rushed into the kitchen just when the two beasts rushed at each other. I tried to find a pen or a pencil or anything that I could use to draw, and quickly spotted a marker lying on the side table. Then, I returned to the doorway leading into the entrance hall, took off the cap from the marker and started drawing hasty runes on the doorposts.

The two monsters were now in full fight-mode, trying to find an opening to attack. I didn't waste any time to look at them, but I could feel the ground shaking and heard the furniture breaking as they kept tossing each other around my way too small apartment.

As soon as I had all the seven runes drawn, I turned to look at them.

"Eru! We need to get him out of here!" I yelled as I slammed my hand on the activation rune, opening a portal to another dimension.

Eru turned around and dashed to the portal when it appeared in the doorway, and Dante was stupid enough to follow her. They both vanished into the blue swirls, and I hurried after them without giving it a second thought.

When I stepped out on the other side, I was greeted with a familiar, barren view, and a highly confused werewolf. Dante was growling, hovering close to the ground as he tried to understand why he was suddenly outside in a red desert. Eru stepped next to me, hissing at Dante in rage. I patted her big head while taking a deep, calming breath.

"Welcome to Njizrski," I said harshly, and Dante turned to glare at me.

His anger returned and he got ready to jump at us, but I was ready.

And this time, I had my full power at my disposal.

Before he could move a muscle, I conjured a thick metal chain around his neck and a big column behind him. The chain wrapped itself firmly around the red column just before Dante leaped at us. The metal stopped him, but it let out a desperate creak. I knew it wouldn't hold more than a second or two. I made another chain and attached it to another column, but Dante had now realized what I was doing. He got up on his hind legs, and grabbed the other one of the chains, pulling so hard it snapped.