62. Bound Forever

-Dante-

-Dante-

We stayed in bed for a long time. I was glad for it because of the splitting headache I was suffering from. It got much better when Chase went to make me a potion. I didn't even care about the pixie pee in it anymore – the pain was so bad I was ready to drink whatever Chase put under my nose.

Once the pain started to subside, it was easier to understand what had happened while I was unconscious. I still couldn't believe Killian was gone, along with the entire operation. It just... I'd been there, but I couldn't remember any of it. I killed him. I did what I was set out to do, and... I couldn't remember it.

To be fair, maybe it was for the best. There probably had been a lot of blood and guts, so...

"It's over," I whispered again. "It's so hard to let that sink in."

"I understand," Chase said, hugging me with one arm, snuggling his head against my neck. "Now all that is left is the cure."

"I wonder if Donovan was telling the truth," I muttered. "I'm having hard a time trusting a person who would've loved to see me dead."

"Exactly," Chase sighed. "If Arthyzn finds anything, Ben can check it out."

I nodded and focused on caressing his shoulder for a moment. I was so goddamn happy he was still alive. I didn't care that he was no longer a human. I didn't care how he got the rest of the souls. Those bastards deserved to die so my love could live.

I had to push the thought of Killian and his men out of my head so I wouldn't get angry.

"I wonder what those other two are going through right now. The rassawolves," I spoke. "They must be scared and confused..."

"My parents are taking good care of them. But I'm sure they're really shaken. It's probably going to be hard for them to trust anyone ever again," Chase spoke.

"I want to meet them," I said.

"They're at Ben's, so I'm sure you'll get the opportunity soon," Chase said.

"Hmmh..."

"What?"

"I don't feel like staying in bed anymore," I told him. "My headache is almost gone, too. I just... I don't want to stay still."

"You should be resting," he noted.

"Come on, we're not storming another base here. I just want to go meet those women," I told him. "And maybe see if there's any news about Lena's journal."

He was silent for a moment, but then sighed. "I kind of want to go see how Zane is doing, too."

"Me too," I said, and pushed myself to sit up.

"Roe? We need you to teleport us back home," Chase spoke, and his very annoyed master appeared at the end of the bed.

"Leaving already, huh?" he grunted. "I'm not a freaking airplane."