37

::Haechan::

I love when Mark drives us. The city passes by the car in a blur. I don't have enough time to read the stores' signs, or see peoples' faces clearly unless we're stopped at a light. Even though it's not a very long one, the drive gives me time to think.
"Do you think they'll be defensive? About Lucas, I mean." I'm still staring out the window, but my voice echoes off the glass and I know Mark can hear me.
"I don't know Yuta very well, but I do know Sicheng, and he's not one to point fingers. He's pretty quiet, actually." I hope he's right, I so badly want to help Jungwoo.

We picked a small restaurant to meet at. When Mark called Sicheng, he claimed that he wouldn't see Yuta until today and that the two of them would be out until dinner. Mark and him found this place over the phone. I realize when we walk through the doors that I don't actually know how either of the couple look. I've heard stories about Sicheng, so I have an idea of his personality, but I have no clue who Yuta is. Mark had to pull me in the direction of a table. I'm nothing more than useless in finding the others.
"Mark!" A tall blonde says as we approach the table. He's very lean, but when he comes to hug me, I can feel the muscle in his shoulders. He introduces himself as Sicheng and motions to Yuta. He's just as tall but looks a little more athletic. I wouldn't get on either of their bad sides. They're both much more fit than I am and the thought makes me swallow, fearing the conversation were about to have. Please don't get upset. Please don't get upset.
"What's going on?" Yuta asks as soon as we sit down, not waisting any time.
"Jungwoo got a breakup text from Lucas a few days ago. They were supposed to see each other tommorow, I guess that's not happening anymore." I chuckle to try and lift the serious feeling that has settled over our table. Even the waitress can feel it when she brings us our food.
Yuta and Sicheng both open their mouths. Sicheng closes his again but Yuta still looks like he's trying to say something.
"Lucas left his phone at the company building. He doesn't have it back yet." Yuta's forehead wrinkles and his eyes shift between me and Mark.
All I manage is an Oh for a reply. Nobody says anything for a few seconds.
"Lucas doesn't know about their 'breakup'" Mark says the obvious.
"I'll explain to Jungwoo what's going on." I'm proud of my answer, but Yuta turns me down.
"You can't tell him we know each other."
"What? Why not?"
"Lucas is stubborn and he told me to stay out of things when him and Jungwoo first started talking. He has his pride..." Yuta and Sicheng both grown a little.
"Alright... I'll just have to convince him to still see Lucas." There isn't much else to say, so we continue with our dinners, trying to change to a lighter topic.
We're trying our best to help, but whatever happens, happens. And there's not much we can do to change that.