20

~~Jungwoo~~

The show was beautiful, as always. Madame Maudelle never ceased to impress with her creative fashion lines. The clothing was amazing and Jungwoo wished that he owned every piece that graced that catwalk. He took pictures as the models approached his place at the end of the runway and stared at the posing bodies in awe. He really loved his job. Jungwoo tended to have a great time at the shows, but tonight, he was a little bit more on edge. Lucas would reappear on the stage after every few models, showcasing a different look that made his already amazing features look even more beautiful. Jungwoo was amazed by that model. It wasn't just Lucas' looks that Jungwoo loved though, Lucas was an amazing person. He was always friendly during the after parties and it seemed like his fellow models enjoyed his company as well. He was friendly and caring and quite quiet when he attended interviews with his colleagues and Madame Maudelle. It made Jungwoo want to know what was going on in Lucas' head. It made him want the model even more.

The final model made his round of posing on the stage before returning behind the curtains. The stage was left empty and the music that echoed through the room quieted slowly until it was only a whisper floating around the space. The crowded bodies who perched on the seats slowly rose and trickled out of the room to wait for the Mode Maudelle crew to remove the catwalk and set up for the after party. Jungwoo found a bathroom in the large building and locked the door behind him. He looked at himself through the mirror and attempted to smooth his appearance. There was nothing particularly wrong with his clothing or hair, but he felt self conscious since he was hoping that he would be talking to Lucas. He took a few deep breaths and splashed water on his face. His cheeks started to burn a bright red and he could feel his skin's temperature rising. Jungwoo thought Haechan had put in too much work for his makeup to be sweat off. He fanned his face, trying to dry from the cold water. Jungwoo looked over himself one more time before stepping back out into the sea of bodies and crowd of models who now idled around the room.

~~~

Jungwoo was successful in interviewing quite a few models and Mode Maudelle crew members. He asked them about the struggles they faced during their work, their favourite parts of the fashion line and what people could expect in the future; typical questions that would be used for the Caller Magazine. Jungwoo was almost finished his rounds, but he had made an effort to avoid Lucas Wong. He felt extremely nervous to face the lead model. Not just because of his high position, but because he was also hoping to have a casual conversation with him. Every so often, Jungwoo would take in his surroundings and look around the room in an attempt to catch a glimpse of Lucas without outright staring. He had locked eyes with the model a few times, though, which caused Jungwoo to force down his heart which seemed to rise into his throat.

The night continued to pass and Jungwoo still hadn't worked up the courage to approach Lucas. He looked for the model once more, if only to take in his looks one more time. To imagine what could have happened if he had worked up the courage. This is stupid. Jungwoo complained to himself. You should've known, Jungwoo. He doesn't like you. He doesn't even know you. Just go get your interview and go home. He huffed, blowing his hair out of his eyes and started to cross the room, going in the direction of Lucas. It wasn't long until his stride was stopped short. Jungwoo watched as someone else, who seemed to be around Lucas' age, approach the model and start a conversation. The two laughed with each other. It looked like Lucas was commenting on the other's clothes. Jungwoo assumed Lucas was complimenting the dark red of the daring suit and the slick brown hair. If Jungwoo hadn't watched him walk over to Lucas, he would have assumed that the other boy was a model as well.

Jungwoo's hopes seemed to fade away as realization hit him. He wouldn't have a chance to talk to the model. He wouldn't even be able to interview him. Lucas was preoccupied with that other boy.

Jungwoo's shoulders slumped forward and his posture slouched. If he hadn't been so shy and talked to Lucas at the previous show, he wouldn't have to have gone home with so much disappointment. Just forget him. Jungwoo turned to the door and began making his way out. He pushed the heavy glass doors out his way before stepping into the night and ridding his cheeks of the tears that threatened to escape his eyes. He stepped down from the pathway and began to fish out his car keys as he walked when a strong hand grabbed his shoulder. Jungwoo froze in his spot.

"Please stay."