17

~~Jungwoo~~

The weeks passed at an unbearably slow pace. Jungwoo didn't get many large assignments. No runways or photoshoots after the one he attended with Mode Maudelle. Jungwoo worked with Bree on a few articles for the month's Caller issue and helped pick out photos for the magazine but nothing more came out of the small jobs. Jungwoo rose from his chair and fixed his dress shirt. He thanked the people sitting around the large table and left the meeting room with his folder of project ideas. The others seemed to like his pitch. They all seemed to find Jungwoo's new magazine cover design pretty eye-catching and they requested another meeting for it within the next few weeks. The photographer returned to his desk and put away his papers, returning to his computer work. His keyboard clicked furiously as he typed some ideas for the cover. He could hear the door to the meeting office open and click shut once more. The tapping of stilettos clicked across the floor and got louder, approaching Jungwoo. Bree walked around her photographer's desk.

"That cover pitch looked really nice. I think it'll work out well." Bree congratulated Jungwoo, who peered up from his computer's screen.

"Thanks, Bree. Any more news about the new Mode contract?" Jungwoo pushed. He had been asking Bree frequently about the contract. He was still disappointed about the outcome of the last photoshoot. The photography team was quite large so Jungwoo wasn't surprised that he was only an assistant and not the one taking the photos. The lead photographer often changed for each project based on each person's talents and who would be able to make the best of the models and the accompanying set. Jungwoo was disappointed, however, with the fact that he had once again been in the same room as Lucas Wong and couldn't build the courage to talk to him. Lucas was a famous icon and the aura that model brought around with him had an ethereal feeling. It would be difficult for any fan to confront Lucas.

"Speaking of..." Began Bree. She smirked at Jungwoo, seeming to know something important that he didn't.

"You're being sent to another show in five days. It's a Mode Maudelle runway, of course." Bree shrugged, acting as if the new information didn't make Jungwoo's heart leap out of his chest.

"Really? Took you long enough." Jungwoo smiled widely at his friend.

"Why are you so happy to go to the show? I know you like photography, but calm down, Jungwoo. I wouldn't be surprised if you start shaking in a few seconds." Bree looked at Jungwoo, confused.

"Oh-um. It just feels good to have an assignment again." Jungwoo laughed to hide his bluff. Truthfully, going to another show meant he would have another chance to talk to Lucas Wong. He could feel his cheeks flush.

Jungwoo distracted himself with his work. He got so caught up with what he was doing that he finished his projects early, letting him go home before his work normally ended. He got in his car and headed into the streets. He had the rest of the day off, and he had no intentions of going home. He had another opportunity to spark a relationship and he refused to waste it. Despite the younger boy's energy toward things like this, Jungwoo headed to Haechan's home. He needed advice from the best.

~~~

"Haechan, help." Haechan stood in the doorway of his home, loose joggers hanging around his waist and a comfortable tee shirt clinging to his torso. The boy's orange hair was tangled atop his head. It was clear that he had no intentions of doing work today, either.

"What is it now?" Jungwoo smirked at his friend. Jungwoo was more reserved than Haechan and often feared what the younger would suggest. Haechan knew his ideas seemed crazy to Jungwoo and although he enjoyed bugging the photographer with crazy ideas, he was always ready to help.

"I'm going to another runway show in a few days. Lucas is going to be there." Jungwoo began. Jungwoo could see Haechan's brain working, filling in the gaps of the story. His face brightened as he realized what was happening.

"Jungwoo! You have to talk to him. Don't you dare chicken out again or I will kill you myself." Haechan pointed a finger, threatening.

"I know, Haechan. Why do you think I'm telling you this? I need your help." Haechan rolled his eyes. That boy spoke fluent flirt.

"Just go up to him and make small talk. When things start to pick up, ask him if he wants to go eat or something after the show. Simple." Haechan crossed his arms and winked. He was proud of his poor advise. Jungwoo rethought his decision to always look to Haechan for help.

"Haechan, I can't. I-"

"No excuses. You just have to go for it. If he says yes to going somewhere, then you have a chance. If he says no, then you're not really losing anything, are you?" Haechan made Jungwoo feel care-free. His way of thinking was so free. No worries. The younger boy might have come across a little strong, but Jungwoo knew he could look to his friend whenever he needed anything.

And he felt as if he needed Haechan's help more than anything else. Maybe Haechan could actually make his dream relationship become a reality.