23

- -Mark- -

Mark cringed from the sound of his fork scrapping against his plate. He looked around the restaurant, hoping he wouldn't see anyone glaring at him from the unwelcome sound. He looked back to Haechan but all he saw was the orange mop of hair that fell in Haechan's eyes. Mark noticed that Haechan had been focused on his phone for most of their dinner date. Haechan wasn't someone who used their phone very often but during dinner, he couldn't put his phone down. Mark tried not to comment on it since he noticed Haechan's side glances towards his phone that laid on the tabletop, and the rapid bounce of his knee. Haechan would bite his lip when the phone wouldn't light up for a few minutes. It was obvious that Haechan was dealing with something. Mark battled with himself, trying to decide whether he should ask Haechan about it, or just ignore it. The two continued to eat, but Mark's curiosity began to grow and he was worried that there was something wrong.

"Is everything okay?" Haechan's head sprung up from his phone. His eyes were wide with his mouth parted slightly.

"What?"

"You never use your phone when we're together. Is something wrong?" Mark tilted his head a little while he attempted to explain himself. Haechan stared back blankly. He blinked as he tried to decipher Mark's words as if he was speaking some other language. Life returned to Haechan's face when he realized what was being said.

"Oh, right. Sorry, it's just Jungwoo."

"What does he need now?" Mark rolled his eyes mockingly. He knew that Haechan was Jungwoo's number one person when he needed help.

"It's about that model I've been trying to get him to talk to. He's saying that they hung out last night." Haechan explained while his fingers tapped rapidly against his phone's screen.

"They hung out last night? That went quick." Mark raised an eyebrow.

"Not like that, you idiot!" Haechan slid down his seat so that he could reach Mark. The later felt a kick from under the table shortly after which made him laugh. Mark found it too easy to get a reaction from Haechan. It might've been a bit cruel, but Mark enjoyed bugging his boyfriend.

"Fine, then what did they do."

"He hasn't told me yet.

Mark nodded and continued to eat. Haechan returned his phone to the table, his attention returned back to Mark. The two were almost finished so Mark called over their waiter for the bill. As they waited, the phone screen lit up again. Mark leaned over the table so that he could read the text, too. Haechan logged into his phone and began to read the message from Jungwoo. He had to scroll since the text was so long.

"That doesn't look good." Mark didn't want to pry too hard on Jungwoo's personal life, but he glimpsed some sentences about  two other boys. One of the names stood out to him. Mark looked at Haechan, waiting for a summarized version of the text.

"He said that Lucas was with two other guys. He said that he's pretty sure the other two were dating but he's not sure. He's definitely getting jealous."

"I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but did I see the name Sicheng?" Mark pushed. Haechan looked back at the message, reading it over quickly.

"Yeah, why?"

"Haechan, I know him. He's signed with my parents' record company. I see him all the time."

Haechan's grin went from ear to ear.

"You gotta get him to set up Jungwoo." Haechan clapped and bounced on his side of the booth.

"He's coming in tomorrow. I can talk to him then."