Brice Saturday

I quickly stuff all of Aizlynn's and my things into my truck. Climbing into my truck, I hit my head on the roof.

"Fucking shit. Fucking fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Goddammit."

I screech out of Uncle Will's driveway, and I'm back at my house in two minutes flat.

When I reach it, I run inside past Marj and one of my brothers, which one, I have no idea. I get to my room, and slam the door.

It can't be true. It can't be true. No, no, no. It's not true. Not true at all. She was lying. Definitely lying. She had to be. She's not fucking lying, is she?

I'm getting pissed. I jump up and run to my dresser. I swing my arm across the top, sending books, papers, picture frames conveniently of Azzy and I and family, and my phone flying. Next is my desk. My bathroom. My closet. When I'm done, everything is a mess, dishes broken, lamps broken, holes in the wall... I melt into my bed and throw my laptop onto the ground.

I lay there thinking of what I will do. I mean, yeah, I feel bad for her family. I'm just being selfish. But, to be fair, she's my girlfriend. She's mine. We care about each other. There's no way that she's gone. Not yet. She's too young.

I hear three quiet knocks, and turn towards my door, which is opened slowly, showing Chris.

He smiles at me, clicking the door closed.

I groan and stuff my face into my pillow.

This isn't how it's supposed to go.

"Brice."

I look up at him, once again with blurry vision.

He smiles, sympathetically, shoving his hands into his pockets. "I heard."

I grumble how life isn't fair.

"Hey, listen... um, Brice."

And, again, I must meet the gaze of my 22 year old brother who has a wife, two girls, and a child on the way.

"I get it," he continues. "I do. I lost my dog?"

I raise an eyebrow, still in a haze, barely seeing anything from the tears that threaten to spill.

"Okay, not helpful."

There's another knock and Cyle peaks in.

"Damn, man."

"Yo, bro! What are you doin' in the... oh..." This time it's Blake, Cyle's biological brother.

Let me explain. Marj and Bill are my adoptive parents. My real parents are Carl and Catelyn, who I hate, but I still visit them. Well, actually, I can't visit my mom. She's not allowed in a certain 900 feet or something of me and Chase. Good thing, too. I fucking hate her. Carl isn't that bad. He was abusive, as well as Catelyn. He got into some bad shit, that he's still in, but enough about them. They're not important. I have four biological siblings, three of them being half siblings. Chase is my sibling. Then there's Colin, Kristen, and Kari who are half sibling. They're Catelyn's kids, so of course she loves them. But she doesn't like Carl, and is using him to try to find a way to visit Chase and I, to see if we turned into the little shits she wanted us to become. I guess I am. Chase is a good guy, even though I'd never say that out loud. Yeah, he's got some problems, including his 'I get a concussion every single damn day' issue, but, what can you do? 

So, my step siblings are all adopted as well. Brent and Brett hold the title of the oldest, aging 32 and 30. They are from the same parents. Then it's Ben who's 27. Next, are Cyle and Blake, who are 26 and 24. Carter and Caleb are biological siblings, Carter being 23, Caleb being 20. But then, Chris is in between them, with an age of 22, as already mentioned. Then , of course, I'm nineteen. I am not explaining how many of the guys are married, dating, engaged, have kids, etcetera. Because that's a lot.

"Wait... Brice?"

I turn to Caleb, who magically teleported into my bedroom.

"I think a tornado went through here."

I sit up, throwing a pillow at Caleb's face. 

"Hey!"

"Shut up, Caleb."

Cyle asks, "Yo, what's up?"

Well, this is embarrassing. Basically all my brothers saw me on the verge of tears. "Nothing."

"Hoe, you can't say nothing when you're here, crying your eyes out!"

"Shut the fuck up, you ass wipe!" I yell at Caleb. Honestly.

"Jesus Christ, Brice!" He throws his hands up in surrender and leaves.

Cyle and Blake end up at the end of my bed, Cyle sitting on my bed, with Blake's hand on his shoulder. If they weren't my brothers, I'd think they were a married couple.

Cyle intertwines his hands and looks down at them.

Chris is soon to follow suit, and sit beside me with an arm around my shoulder. 

The funny thing is, all of us have a name starting either with B or C. Marj had a thing with Bs and Cs, I guess. 

"Brice. What is it? Spill, child," Blake orders.

I pinch my nose so hard, I'm afraid it might snap. Then I tell them the news.

***

I'm sorry. Don't hate me. It was bound to happen.