Brice Friday

"Have your parents texted you yet?" I ask. "Like, since you last saw them."

"Well, yeah. Just to see how I'm doing. And my mom texted me this morning, but I still haven't answered. Yours?"

"Psht. No."

"Why?"

"I dunno. Just 'cause. I'm mean, like, my brothers have. And my biological dad has. But not my step dad. And you should answer your mom 'cause she worries a lot."

She sighs and pulls out her phone. Then she unlocks it and goes into messages.

 Leah: Hey, Hun. How's your morning?

Azzy: Fine.

She replies almost immediately.

"Told you she worries," I smirk.

Leah: Good. I'm happy to hear that.

Leah: So, tell me more about that boy.

Azzy: Mom, you know his parents. And his name

Leah: Well, old people forget.

Leah: What is it again? Because I forget. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Azzy: Don't do that mom it's creepy

Leah: Sorry, Sweetie. Now, what's his name?

Azzy: Brice

Leah: Right. I feel so bad.

Azzy: K bye mom

Aizlynn exits out of the chat and presses on a random person's from, like, two hours ago.

Kylie: Sup girl.

Kylie: Heard you're hanging out with a guy. Or so your mom said. I wanted to hang.

Azzy: Sorry.

I pull out my own phone with, like, a million snaps from random people. "You have an LG?"

"Yea. Why?"

I scoff. "That's disgusting.What one is it?"

"LG V30."

"I might have to leave to throw up."

"Says you! You have an Apple!"

I grin. "If we're comparing here, Apple 8 Plus."

"Now, that's disgusting."

"Mine's a good company."

"I'm sorry, but who's company got a piece bitten off by Adam and Eve? They never ate from it again," she throws back at me.

"Oh, really? Mhm? You wanna go?" I stand up. "'Cause we can go."

"Yeah. Sure. Let's go!" She stands up and I have to bend over to match her height.

"M'kay. Yeah, c'mon." I start towards the door and put my shoes on.

"Where are we going?"

I throw my arm up in the air and act all dramatic. "McDonald's!" And I sashay right out of there.

*

Y'know those Brice jokes that you have to record them so you can cherish them forever? I just had one of those moments.

Aizlynn snorts. "Whatever, Dweeb."

"I am not a dweeb!"

"Yes, you are. That wasn't even funny."