Brice Sunday

I drive to Aizlynn's street. I can't remember which humongous mansion is her's, so I just wait at the end of the road.

Me: Im here

Azzy: OK WILL DO

Azzy: SORRY CAPS ON

Azzy: OMG WHY???

Azzy: I HOPE I CAN FIX THIS

Azzy: THIS IS BAD

Azzy: AND ANNOYING

Azzy: OH MY GOOOOOD

Azzy: UGH

Azzy: WHY WOULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME!

Me: Aizlynn

Azzy: WHAT

Me: get ur ass out here

Azzy: IT'S YOUR NOT UR!!! SPELL CORECTLY!

Me: check ur spelling bro

She walks out of her house ten minutes later.

Azzy: WHERE ARE YOU?

Me: pullin up

Azzy: OKAY THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH

I drive up beside her, and Aizlynn jumps in. Then stuffs a backpack, a bag, a purse, a blanket, a pillow, and a water bottle onto the back seats.

"Geez, kid."

"Well, sorry," Aizlynn answers sarcastically. "I'm prepared."

"I can tell."

I pull into a driveway a good ten seconds later. My dad's house isn't actually that far from her's.

"You can stay in here." I step out of my truck.

"No, I wanna come with you."

"Uh, you sure? This is my dad's house."

"Yeah, so?"

Apparently she's never seen his house nor his lifestyle. Well, you can't stop a girl.

I open the door, and step inside. The overwhelming odour of liquor floods onto me. My dad is sitting on the couch with a can of beer, watching his baseball game.

"Hey," I mumble. "My friend's here."

He doesn't respond.

I glance over at Aizlynn who's barely made it through the door. I motion for her to follow me upstairs. Once we swim through all of the empty beer bottles, I lead her into my room, and shut the door. The window is always open, except if it's snowing or raining. And it's the only clean room in the entire house. I've got a single bed in the corner, and a small dresser. That's about all it can fit.

"So, ask away."

"What?" She looks confused.

"You must have questions. Why do you live here? You never told me your dad was a drunk bastard. Why doesn't he pay attention to you? Does he care? Is this why Bill and Marjorie adopted you?"

"Oh, I'm just-"

"Aizlynn, seriously." I sit on the far corner of my bed, and lean against the wall. "You're not the first person to wonder. I'll give you five answers. To any question. No matter how personal."