Chapter 1 - How they met

Janus's P.O.V

My stupid cousin's birthday party. Great. Another place where people can stare and make me feel uncomfortable. Why did he even invie me? I frustate him! Our mothers may be the best friend type of cousin's but me and Logan cannot stand each other.

We pulled up to their drive where the party was happening. Logan hates parties so why is he even throwing one?

Me and my mother knocked on Aunt Nayomi's door. They had a large two story house with a flat roof due to us still living in Florida. The walls were a cream colour and the door was a dark brown. It was a modern type house and all the windows were new.

"Laura!" Aunt Nayomi had finally come to the door and greeted us, I never understood how such a light-hearted friendly person had a son like Logan.

"And Janus!" She pulled me into a tight hug as usual, "I glad you both came! I thought you wouldn't because of the boys!"

"I'm glad we came too," my mother looked at me and I nodded in agreement. My mother was just as kind as her sister but was way stricker than Aunt Nayomi. She kind of scared me.

We entered and the sweet smell of fresh made candy and cake flooded over me. The thing about Aunt Nayomi is that she adored cooking and would try a new recipe every week maybe every day if she had the time.

"Jan, Logan and the others are in the living room go catch up with them," Aunt Nayomi informed me, "By the way Remus is there and Logan made a new friend,"

"Alright..?" I questioned.

I walked into their living room. They had pastel dark blue wall paper and wood flooring. In the middle of the floor under their coffee table they had a black carpet. Surrounding it was two leather sofa's and a matching arm chair. But there on the floor were, Logan, Roman, Remus, Virgil and his new friend. I will definitely stick out like a sore thumb.

I walked over to the group and sat down next to Logan's new friend. Remus was tyed to the table -reasonable. I swear I heard Logan groan a bit as I sat down.

"Everyone, meet Janus, my cousin," Logan introduced me to those who did know who I was. A.K.A just Remus and the mysterious person.

"I am not glad to meet you," I lied.

"What?" The mysterious person said.

"I forgot to mention," Logan began, "He speaks in lies to almost everyone Patton,"

Patton, so that's his name.

"Well hello Janus, I'm glad to meet you too," He the first person to not point it out or laugh saying that I'm a weirdo. He's... different. You see I have vitiligo its when some of a persons skin has white patches, and I have it covering the left half of my face. Along with that, I have hetrochromia which makes me stick out even more. I have a bright green eye on the left as well.

"No thanks..." I tried to be polite.

"LET'S PLAY TRUTH OR DARE!" Remus yelled out of no where making everyone jump.

"Whatever" Virgil argeed.

"A good idea for once!" Roman celebrated, I'm assuming he's playing.

"Might as well," Logan joining in? what a surprise.

"Could be fun!" Patton looked to the bright side. With Remus playing I think that optimisim will go.

Everyone began looking at me for an answer, clearly wanting me to join in. They seemed curious of me. "Fine, I won't play," I gave in.

"Yay!" Patton cheered.

"Truth or dare, Roman," Remus was up to something clearly.

"Truth, I don't trust you with dares," Roman chose.

"Mmmmh," Remus made a thinking sound even though he seemed to already have something in mind.

"What song you play on repeat in the car and sing along to," Roman turned a bright red as Remus finished his truth he gulpped down the embarrassment and looked at all of us hoping we werent paying attention. This must be really embarrassing.

"Let it go- Frozen," He admitted. Virgil and Remus burst out in laughter and Logan snickered at him. I let a little chuckle but luckly no one saw.

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU TOLD THEM!" Remus spat out in between laughs.

"Alright, Logan. Truth or dare?" Roman said as he put himself back together.

"Dare," Logan said short and simply.

Roman began chuckling mischieviously as if he had something up his sleave.

"I dare you to," Roman chuckled before finishing his sentence, "Kiss Patton on the lips,"

A type of anger boilled up in me like an active volcano. What is this feeling? Do I not want Logan to kiss Patton? I'm fine with it. But not at the same time.

"Okay," Logan walked over to Patton and kissed him.

"Can I not be excused," I asked afterwards.

"Whatever," Virgil said.

I rushed to their bathroom and locked myself inside as I caught my breath. Why did I do that? They probaly think I'm weird. I mean they probaly already knew I was weird by just looking at me.

"Hello is anyone in there?" It was my mother.

"No..." I mumbled, "It's not me, Janus,"

"Are you okay Janus?" She asked.

"No," I told her.

"Will you come out?" She wanted me to come out.

"No," I open the door and walked out to my mother.

"The party's over, Remus started to nibble on Roman's hand and chomped off a bit of fleash," She informed me.

I nodded and we left the house after a big sqeeze off Aunt Nayomi and the others saying goodbye.

I glad we left. I don't think I would of managed to stay there without lashing out at them. I hope nothing more happens with them.

We arrived back at our house and I imediately went upstair to my room.

My room has lemon walls and a black carpet. My bed is pushed up to the top left corner oposite my light brown wardrobe. I have a yellow carpet under my bed. Next to my bed on the right wall is my snake cage. I have a hognosed snake named Deceit.

I picked him out of his cage and he curled around my arm and flicked his tounge out at me. He's my best friend. Even if he doesn't know it I care a lot about him.

I began talking to him about my day and what happened with Patton and Logan. I talk to him about everything and everone because I know he can't tell anyone. He knows more about me than my mother does.

I put him back into his cage and put on my pajama's saying 'Coffee For Life' they are light blue and the pajama bottoms are a darker blue and plaid.

I crawled into bed and felling into a dreamless sleep.

End Of Chapter. 1180 Words.