Chapter 11

*(Y/N)'s P.O.V.*

"Disgusting..." Mark mumbled as he eyed the man walking out of the store. Once he was fully gone, the tall man came close to me, giving me another napkin to cater to my bleeding finger. I didn't even realize that I was bleeding, I simply thought it was the water.

"Are you OK?" He asked with a sigh, but I was too busy staring at his beautiful face to answer. I fell silent due to getting lost in his warm, chocolate eyes. Not even that, him being protective of me eariler, the tone in his voice, the dark glare in his eyes - I was puddy in his hands. I've never seen someone so defensive over me and protect me with their all, it made my heart flutter.

My cheeks started to burn up, and my heartbeat quickened. I had trouble focusing on his question, and nodded for an answer as I had trouble forming words with the situation I was in.

"Come on, we need to cover this up." Mark picked me up gently, holding me close with his hand on my shoulder ad he guided me to the nearest First-Aid kit, which was near the kitchen. He seated me on a chair, ripping the kit from the wall and crouching down in front of me, uncovering my bloody finger.

"Oh dear...." He murmured, paying full attention to the cut that couldn't stop spewing blood. He cleaned up the area with furrowed eyebrows, his lips pursed while he applied alcohol to the wound. I hissed from the stinging, but was distracted from the pain by Mark smiling after he placed the bandage over my finger neatly, cleaning off the rest of the blood. The brown haired man held my hand to his eye level.

"There. Don't be getting hurt anymore, alright? No matter what the situation is," He placed a light kiss over the bandage, and I couldn't blush any harder. "I don't want to stich you up every time I come here." I laughed.

"You're acting like you yield some God-like powers. Pipe down a little, OK?" I snickered when all of a sudden, Mark came closer to me. He placed his hands on my thighs, pushing himself closer towards my face, our forehead touching. I avoided eye contact for a split second while the man in front of me grinning like an idiot. (im sorry ive been watching too much We Got Married)

"I'll pipe you down if that's what you consider God-like, huh?" He wasted no time on closing the space between us, latching his soft pink lips onto mine. I instantly kissed back as he placed both of his hands on the side of my face, getting onto one knee to support his balance. I gained access to his mouth, and our tongues danced together in perfect harmony - that was until my boss came out the kitchen.

"I heard there was a fight." She said, looking around frantically before she looked down at me. By then, Mark was standing, zipping up the kit and placing it back on the wall as casual as ever. "Ms. (L/N), I didn't know it was your break time. What are you doing chilling here in a customer's space?" She gestured over to Mark, who sat down in the chair in front of me.

"I got hurt so I was getting a bangage." I instantly stood up, looking down at my boss. The brunette was a bit shorter than me, which was outrageously funny.

"In front of a customer?"

"I needed help since there was a lot of blood." My boss looked back at Mark, who was nodding, supporting my argument. She huffed, seeing there was no room for error.

"I'm sorry for her injust behaviour, it won't happen again sir." She quickly apologize to Mark, as he held back a giggle.

"No it's okay, it's okay."

"Shall I get you something to drink? (Y/N), get back to the bar! Did you even serve that group of girls yet?" She glared back at me, and I quickly ran back over to those customers I left hanging when I spilt the water. I took their order, smiling like a huge fool with a flustered face as I ran into the kitchen. It looked like I was drunk, but a matter of fact, I was drunk off the idea of Mark.

I'm totally falling for this guy.

--

*Mark's P.O.V.*

By the time I was done with (Y/N)'s wound, I got a call that my order was finished. I soon left after the boss apologized to me, grabbing my food and going back to work. I was recharged since I saw that beautiful klutz of a woman, but my mood soon crashed again when I saw another pile of paper being left on the office floor. Sean dusted off his hands before turning around, jumping because he didn't realized I was behind him.

"What's the meaning of this?" I point to the stack of papers. I placed my food on the glass table, ready to pick up the stack that was on the ground. Not only that, but the stack of papers from before I left grew another three inches. The shorter man only chuckled while I nearly fainted.

"Maria said she has to visit her mother in the hospital, and this is her workload. Have fun." The brown haired man was about to leave, but I stopped him by grabbing onto his shoulder and whipping him around so he can face me again.

"That woman has three assistants. Why are you handing her work to me?" I placed the papers in his hands, but he placed them back on my desk. I picked it up again, handing the papers to my boss only for him to put them back where they were. I tried once again, and this time, he didn't refuse. I also placed half of the other tall stack on top as well.

"Correction - three brain dead assistants. Those girls really can't do anything right, all they do is sit there and talk about you all day, yet Maria still pays them." I chuckled.

"I'm serious Mark! Remember that-" He started to whisper as two of Maria's assistants started to walk by my room slowly so that I can "notice" them.

"Remember that one time the photocopier broke down? I asked them to test it out and they said it wasn't working. Meanwhile, Tony was making copies and copies of his report. All three of those girls literally looked at it and then told me it wasn't working. And I already told Maria she was wasting her money but she didn't listen to me and said 'they're great assistance'. The way I laughed so hard..." Sean couldn't finish his sentence because of how hard he was laughing. Meanwhile, I had to look for a way to avoid those types of assistants when I'm looking for one.

"Hi Mark~" The tall blond said once they reached the doors of my office while the red head waved. I waved back at them, asking myself why are they like this. "You looked very lonely this morning, and I wanted to ask you if you wanted get tea later. You still up for that plan?"

"Uh," I huffed, trying my hardest to not laugh while Sean was wheezing on the floor for air because he was laughing extremely hard. "I don't drink tea."

"It's okay, we can buy coffee, if that's what you like. Think we can get to know each other while we're at it too." She winked at me before slowly walking out the office.

"Yeah, I'll...see about that." I repiled with uncertainty in my voice. Once they left, Sean and I couldn't hold in our laughter any more, roaring like tigers because of how funny the situation was.

"You'll see about it?" My boss mocked with the latest big of breath he had left before screaming his lungs out. I nodded, wiping the tears from my eyes as my stomach started to burn up.

(does anyone read True Beauty? Or BJ Alex??)