Chapter 23

"What do you like?" Jimin turned to ask her. "Vanilla." Iseul answered shortly. Jimin turned back to the worker, "So I have one mint and one vanilla ice-cream please." The worker nodded.

"Here." Jimin handed Iseul her ice-cream. "Thank you." Iseul thanked him. "Do you want to go for a walk?" Jimin asked. "Sure." Iseul agreed.

So the two of them walked long then Han River and finally got a place to sit.

"This is nice isn't it?" Jimin asked and Iseul nodded before she finished her whole ice-cream. Jimin looked at her in surprise. "That was fast." "Ice-cream is my favourite." Iseul gave him her small smile. Jimin nodded, "I should keep that in mind." He said before he finished his ice-cream as well.

Both of them watch the sun set in silence.

"Do you want to go home now?" Jimin suddenly asked. Iseul shook her head. "I want to stay out as long as I can." "Okay." Jimin agreed.

Jimin glanced at Iseul, "Why don't you take out your lenses?" he asked. "I prefer this one. At least people won't run away from me." Iseul said. "But I sincerely think your real eyes are much better. Please?" Jimin pleaded.

Iseul sighed, "Since you said sincerely..." she took out her lenses and placed them in the casing.

Jimin smiled, "That's more like it."

Iseul looked away from him, "Quit looking at me like that." "But I can't. It was like I'm under a spell." Jimin smiled. "Then I should put my lenses back." Iseul teased him. "No, I'm just joking. I like your eyes, really." Jimin said.

Iseul chuckled.

Watching Iseul smiling happily like really makes Jimin happy.

"Iseul-ah..." Jimin call her.

She looked at him, "Hhmmm?"

"Even if I didn't say it out aloud, you know how I feel about you right?" He looked into her eyes.

Iseul was frozen when he asked that. She knew about it. She knew Jimin really likes her. That's the reason that they're friends. She knew but she couldn't say anything about it.

Jimin stood up and stretched his arms. "I know you hate this but it's getting late. I'll walk you home?"

Iseul nodded.

They walked back into town. Iseul walked slightly behind Jimin. He would check every minute if she's still behind him.

Right then, from the corner of his eyes, something caught his attention. It was a road-side stall where they sell accessories. He took an abrupt stop, causing Iseul to bump onto him. "Oh sorry." Jimin apologized.

Iseul rubbed her nose, "Why do you stop?" she asked. "Come." Jimin pulled her sleeve and kept on holding onto it.

"Choose one." Jimin said as he pointed at bracelets that were arranged neatly. "What? No!" "Come on. I didn't even get you anything." Jimin said.

Iseul looked at Jimin, "You bought me lunch, ice-cream, sandwiches..." "That's different. Come on. Choose one." Jimin pleaded. Iseul sighed, "You choose one for me."

Jimin smiled widely.

Iseul looked at Jimin as he intently chooses the bracelet. She looked at his hand, which still holding onto her sleeve. *from what I remember, he never touches me directly on the skin. He did once when checking my bruises.* she thought.

"Thank you." Jimin paid for the bracelet. "Here you go." Jimin gently pulled her sleeve and placed the bracelet around her wrist. "Nice?" Jimin asked.

Iseul nodded.

Jimin smiled, "Now, let's get you home."

Just like before this, Iseul walked slightly behind Jimin. She looked at the bracelet Jimin gave her. *I can ask him right?* she thought.

She looked up and ran to him. Iseul stopped him by grabbed his jacket from behind.

Jimin stopped and turned sideways, "Iseul?"

"I need to ask you something." She said. Jimin finally turned to her. "Yes?"

"Why...Uhm...Why you never touch me directly on my skin? You always tug on my sleeve when you can always hold my hand. So why don't you?" She asked before she pressed her lips into thin lines.

Jimin smiled. "I really want to hold your hand. It's what I want to do the most. Every man would love to hold the hand of the person he loves but Iseul, do you trust me?" he asked.

"What?"

"Do you trust me? If you don't trust me just yet, I just have to wait for you to trust me. Then only I can hold your hand, with your permission." Jimin said. "You have the right not to trust men and I don't blame you for that. Maybe the past have made who you are today." Jimin continued. "I'll just wait till the day you trust me." Jimin added with a small smile.

Iseul looked at him in silence.

"Let's go." Jimin continued to walk.

Iseul watched as he slowly walked away from her. *he's waiting for me to trust him?* she looked at the bracelet again.

"Kwon Iseul!" she heard Jimin called for her. She looked up and saw Jimin was waiting for her.

Iseul smiled as she ran to him, *it won't be too long for you to gain my trust, Jimin.*