Goodbye Is Not Forever//8

The earth seemed to nearly be silenced. The only sound to be heard was the pattern of raindrops hitting the surface.

Everything was eerie, the air thick.
Today was the day none of the members could've imagined to see so soon.

Kim Junmyeon's funeral.

A small crowd dressed in black surrounded the lowering casket. While Kyungsoo's eyes were glued to the casket, pure anger hid behind his shades, Yifan kept his eyes glued to the smiling photo beside the devastating sight.

Jongin clutched Kyungsoo's arm, sadness taking over his body, and worry for his boyfriend. He knew he would stop at nothing to murder who did this. He frankly just couldn't find the strength to try and stop him.

The stealth crew had their own last moment with Junmyeon at the viewing. A member so close to them especially, now gone.

Kyungsoo walked forward to the edge of the hole and bent down onto one knee.

"I will get justice for you friend, I promise. You're my member, and a brother forever" He said his last words as the funeral came to an end.

The members slowly dispersed, leaving the scene. Except for Yifan, who stayed with his hand on the picture.

Zitao noticed this and attempted to walk forward to offer him support. He placed his hand on the weak shoulder.

"Please, go. I just need my own moment" He said. Voice piercingly low. Zitao obeyed and left him alone.

"You know baby, I don't want to cry. I've already did that constantly these past few days, and I don't want my last moment to be in tears" His eyes never averting from the smiling gaze in the picture.

"I don't know how I'm going to go on not seeing this in reality everyday. But I promised you I would try. You are the love of my life Jun. You changed me into a better man and I will continue to hear your voice calm me down in times of need. I'm not going to say goodbye because this is not forever. I will reunite with you again one day, and I will make sure to make you my husband this time" He bent down to lightly throw the ring atop the casket.

"Always and forever, Junmyeon Wu"

~

It had been a few days since the funeral. The members haven't meeting as a whole since. As far as Kyungsoo knew, nobody had heard a word from Yifan. He could only hope he was using the time to attempt to heal.

Of course, the members were all mourning Junmyeon in their own way, they all shared the same anger and sense of revenge for Jinx.

Especially Kyungsoo, Jongin hasn't seen him smile since the incident. His face just dripping with rage.

"Baby.."

"Don't. They have it coming for them"

Jongin sighed unable to find the words to say. I mean did Jinx even deserve to be spared? Of course not, but the image of what Kyungsoo would do to them is terrifying.

"I understand. Just make sure the plan involves keeping every member safe, please" Jongin cuddled into his side, still traumatized.

"Of course" Kyungsoo rubbed his back.

Meanwhile, Minseok watched as Jongdae drove the car with no particular destination.

"Maybe it's time to go check on him" He finally spoke.

"You know he's not gonna want to be bothered" Jongdae sighed.

"He needs to be"

Jongdae bit his lip, no reasoning to argue with his husband. He changed the direction of his path to lead towards Yifan's house.