Chapter 1: Mutation Station

(Ok, my writing is a little different now so I won't be changing povs anymore. It'll stay as Myra so I don't make anything confusing. Mostly for myself. 😆)

——————————

It wasn't that long ago when we defeated the Technodrome and I'm very happy that we haven't seen or heard from the Shredder or Kraang in a while. But while my brothers were out on the surface celebrating their victory, I couldn't help but stay back.

I just had a lot on my mind. Why did the kraang want me and April so bad? What would happen if they actually succeeded in capturing us? A lot of questions but few answers.

Plus, I was still a little drain from having my life forced sucked out of me when I was being held captive by Kraang Prime. I just wanted to stay home and chill.

Although, I was a little bored. And that just reminded me of how we haven't seen April since our victory. I wonder what she's been up to?

I got up from my bed and headed out of my room to see if there was anything good to eat only to let out a shriek as I ducked to the ground when I saw a giant white orb heading my way.

"WHAT THE HECK! You guys tryna kill me?!" I shouted as I stood up and brushed off the dust from my clothes.

"Relax, Myra. Just a little bit of ninja dodgeball!" Mikey shouted as he threw the orb which I figured out was the Kraang communicator orb over to Leo who smacked it over to Raph.

"Yeah, join in on the fun. Don't be such a princess." Raph smirked as he threw it over to Mikey at a harsh speed, hitting him square in the chest.

"Pass! I'd rather be in my room than get a raging bruise. Thank you." I replied sarcastically and rolled my eyes as I continued to head over to the kitchen.

Ok, yeah. I haven't really been myself lately. I've been so moody and snapping at my brothers a lot. And no, it's not because of Mother Nature. This has been going on for a little longer than a week.

I just want to do nothing but stay in the lair and sleep or chill in my room. I've become distant and I think it's really starting to show.

I shook my head to ignore all those thoughts and opened the fridge. I groaned as I saw that there was only leftover pizza. I just grabbed a coke and slammed the door shut as I headed back to my room.

"Come on, Myra. At least hang out with us." Leo said, trying to get me to stay.

"No. I'm tired." I came up with an excuse. Although, it wasn't really a lie.

"You always say that. What's gotten into you?" Raph asked me.

"Nothing. I'm just enjoying the moments that I have to myself now that we defeated the Kraang." I said bluntly and headed back to my room.

But deep down, I don't think the Kraang are truly defeated. Along with Shredder.

———————————

Laying in my dim room surrounded me with peace and comfort to the point I thought I was about to doze off, but a sudden knock at my door made me jolt right up.

"Hey, Myra. Mind if I come in?" I heard the voice that belonged to April asked.

My eyes widen as I quickly got up and bolted to the door, opening it to see April smiling at me.

"April?! Wha- where have you been?" I asked as I grabbed her hand, dragging her inside my room.

"Dad has been a little freaked out lately about the Kraang that he wouldn't even let me out. But the guys convinced him and now I'm back." She briefly explained.