Chapter 18: Plan 10

It's been a couple of days since the failed rescue mission for Karai. And I told Donnie that I decided not to be tested over on. I just felt like it was too much to bare and when I felt more comfortable then we could find out what's going on or until it started to get way out of control. Though he kept trying to push for some tests, he let me go and rest for the day so now I was sitting in the dojo, training with April and father to get my mind off of things while the guys went off on a small Kraang mission. It's nothing they can't handle.

We were practicing katas and self defense between me and April until he called off the training then asked to speak with me alone as April went out to watch Super Robo Mecha Force anime with Casey.

"So, what's up?" I asked my father.

"I heard you tried to fight against Shredder alone. Though I am proud of how far your skills have come, what you did was incredibly foolish."

"I know... I just wanted to try and save Karai. And... I wanted to know why he hates my mother so much." I sighed.

"Oroku Saki has always disliked your mother for believing the fact that she tried to interfere with him and Tang Shen." He stated.

"But she was already with you and married to you." I said.

"That may be true. But Saki always tried to get what he wants. And that will never change."

"I know..." I muttered.

I felt him lift my chin up as he gave me a small smile. "But unlike him, you're mother was the most selfless woman I ever met besides Tang Shen."

I tried to smile back but could only come up with the worst case scenarios. "Father... did you ever regret getting with my mother?..." I asked.

He could only look at me in shock as I asked that. "Of course not. However, I can not deny that I still love Tang Shen. I will never forget either of them. But that doesn't mean I don't love you or her. Your mother knew this and she didn't mind the fact at all. She wasn't trying to replace Tang Shen. She just wanted to be there with me during our time of grieving. And I will always love her for that."

I nodded as I gave him a small smile then bowed my head in thanks before getting up and leaving. I'm glad that the guys didn't mention my troubles to him. I just want to keep that a secret until it really has to be brought up.

I decided to head back to the living room to watch Super Robo Mecha Force with Casey and April to distract myself instead of heading to my room. That was until a few moments later I saw the guys walk in, only... they were dragging Raphael who was tied up in chains with a paper bag over his head which I didn't know to laugh at or just be straight up confused.

"Well, I guess Raph finally ticked ya off, huh?" Casey joked.

"Long story, but he got his mind switched with a Kranng's." Leo stated as he moved the bag off of Raph's head.

"Release Kraang now, and Kraang will disintegrate you relatively quickly!" Raph spoke with a robotic Kraang voice which I wanted to bang my head at. I had to deal with my brother who was one of the beings that I hated the most.

Casey just laughed until father quickly appeared by his side and silenced his laughter. "Leonardo, explain. Now!"

"Well.. you see, we discovered what the Kraang were up to. But as usual, Raph decided to defy orders and he caused the machine the Kraang were working on to go haywire and ended up switching their minds. But we didn't notice until we started heading back to the lair. And that's how we got Raph's body, but now we've gotta go back for his mind." Leo explained as the others got ready, about to run out the lair before father stopped us.