Chapter 10: Fungus Humungous

It's been a couple of weeks since the whole Kraang clones with April's and my DNA fiasco. But the adventures never seem to end. This time, one by one we all started losing our minds due to a fungus mutation invasion in the sewers which caused everyone to go crazy with seeing their biggest fear in reality. For April, it was bats. Understandable since her father is still a mutant bat. For Casey, it's rats. Donnie, April rejecting him. Mikey, the mutant squirrelanoids from a while ago. Raph, it's roaches. Obviously. And Leo, it's letting the team down and failing as a leader. Which I understand as well with all that stress and pressure. But for me, it was Shredder. Mutilating everyone I love until it was down to me. It was the scariest moment of my life. But luckily it was all in my head. I wouldn't say I faced my fear, but I knew it wasn't real.
-Myrina

I wrote down in my journal as I had my anime show playing in the background on my laptop. I put my journal away and was about to fade away into the realm of Death Note and my favorite character, Lawliet, until I heard knocking on my door, making me groan and pause my show.

"What?" I called out bluntly.

My door creaked opened, letting the light shine into my dark room with only my laptop screen lighting me face as Leo stood in the doorframe. "Hey. How are you doing?..." He asked.

I raised a brow in confusion and tilted my head to the side. "What is that supposed to mean? What do you want?"

"I just wanna talk. You haven't been... you know... out lately." He said as I could see his shoulder slump down.

I just rolled my eyes and looked back down on my laptop. "Good. And I plan to keep it that way. Now can I watch my anime in peace?" I asked rhetorically and pressed the spacebar to play my show again.

I thought he would've left by now but it seems o was wrong when I felt my bed dip down beside me.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"Anime." I replied bluntly.

"Yeah I know that. But what's it called? What's it about?" He kept asking.

I just let out a sigh and rolled my eyes, knowing that this was his way to start a conversation with me. I might as well say something to get him off my back.

"It's called Death Note. The story follows Light Yagami, a teen genius who discovers a mysterious notebook called the 'Death Note', which belonged to the Shinigami, Ryuk, and grants the user the supernatural ability to kill anyone whose name is written in its pages. The series centers around Light's subsequent attempts to use the Death Note to carry out a worldwide massacre of individuals whom he deems immoral and to create a crime-free society, using the alias of a god-like vigilante named 'Kira', and the subsequent efforts of an elite. And a detective, named L Lawliet, or Ryuzaki for an aliases, is trying to catch the killer, Kira, before he can do more harm. And L is my favorite character." I explained, losing myself into the detail of the show as I thought of L. He was just a sweet sociopathic quiet boy who had a strange but cute behavior.

"Seems a bit... dark." Leo muttered, breaking me out of my fantasy trance.

"Well, I'm used to this sort of thing." I shrugged.

"Right. Well, I'll leave you been then..." He said as he got up and left my room.

I felt confused. I don't think he wanted to talk to me because I haven't been out much. But maybe because he wanted a distraction. Either way, I gave him one. So I just shrugged it off, wasting the night away while watching my anime until I fell asleep.

Hopefully the next day will go smoothly.