Chapter 9: The Kraang Conspiracy

Running across the rooftops always gave me a sense of peace. But it didn't help with my brothers' shouts and yells of excitement every other second.

I wanted to be out alone but they took it as an excuse to join me for 'warm up exercises' to try and follow me. Although I know they just wanna make sure that I don't end up doing something stupid since I'm still kinda injured. They also said it was a good training session for April to improve her stamina and what not.

But I was still mad about the whole Casey Jones situation even if that was a couple of days ago.

We suddenly stopped when we noticed that April was a little behind, hunched over with her hands on her knees as she panted heavily.

"I... I never understood how turtles... could be so... so fast." She panted out, her voice a little hoarse and dry from running for so long.

"You get used to it. Plus their mind thought process is just as slow as they are fast." I snickered.

"Thanks. Real nice." Raph muttered sarcastically under his breath as he rolled his eyes, but I just ignored him.

"Come on, April. This is just the warm up." Mikey said as if he ignored what I just said.

"The warm up?! For two hours?!" She asked as her tone grew a little louder.

"Yeah. That's what ninjas do. Training usually lasts four or five hours at a time. Awesome, right?" Leo said with a laugh as I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, are you kidding me?! I'm gonna puke! Now what about a real mission?" She asked.

"It took fifteen years before Splinter let us go on a real mission. You got a long way to go, sister." Raph stated with a smug look on his face.

"Not that long. A decade or two will fly by like that." Donnie said with a snap of his fingers, trying to reassure her.

"For a turtle." She remarked. "And Myra goes with you guys all the time. She's the same age as you."

"Don't bring me into this. And even if I wasn't allowed to go, I'd still go anyways. It's called 'pulling a Raph'." I said.

"What's that?" Raph asked me with a look of confusion.

"Not following orders. Duh." I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms.

"Hm, maybe we should take her on more missions, Leo. It makes sense." Donnie stated, getting back on track.

"Yeah! The best experience she can get is hanging with the ninja!" Mikey fist pumped the air.

"No way. It's too dangerous." Leo said to April.

"What if something happens to her?" Raph questioned.

"Then I'd be there to back to her up. No problem." I stated as I walked up to her side, but all I got in response was silence as the others looked at each other with worried expressions.

"What?! Don't think I'm capable?! Are you doubting me?!" I glared at them as my angry tone grew louder.

"No! No! No! We didn't say that. You're very capable at-"

"Save it!" I shouted at Mikey before I suddenly got a weird feeling as my head started pounding. And April was experiencing the same issue as me.

"Guys, I think someone's watching us..." April muttered.

"Right. Over. There!" I swiftly turned around and pointed behind a water tower where was saw a shadow or silhouette of a person trying to crouch down and hide now that they were spotted.