Chapter Twenty-Six

SOPHIA WRIGHT

------------------------------------

"Sophia Wright, I love you!" I woke up and sat up. That scene kept playing on my mind and I couldn't forget about it. My best friend loves me... He does. How am I supposed to react?! I was really suprised. I got out of bed and looked at my alarm clock. It was one in the morning and I wanted to have some fresh air. I opened my window and closed my eyes while feeling the cool breeze hit me. When I opened my eyes, I spotted Florence looking at me from his window right across mine. How can I avoid him now? Truth is, I've been avoiding him and it's been two weeks since the Music Festival. I was the champion but my mind was too preoccupied with what happened between Florence and I.

"Hey.", he greeted and I waved my hand in reply.

"How are you?", he asked. Now we're conversing like we're complete strangers!

"I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.", I replied. He just smiled at me and said,

"You shoud head back to sleep. It's pretty late. Good night.", he said as he closed his window leaving me behind. I just stared at his window. Did he just shut me out? I wondered and somehow my chest was a little hurt.

--------

"Morning!", a classmate of mine greeted me.

"Good morning.", I greeted back.

"Hey Sophia, can you help me with this assignment?", my classmate asked.

"Sure. Let's see...", I replied as I scanned my classmate's notebook. I saw Florence enter from the corner of my eye and I gazed back to the notebook.

"Place it there...and there...so you'll have square root of 4 as the answer.", I said.

"Wow! I never knew you were good in math.", my classmate said. Wait were you teasing me??

"Studying helps a lot.", I replied.

"Thanks for helping me Sophia.", my classmate thanked me.

"No problem. Tell me if you need anything else.", I replied and my classmate nodded. I took my notebook out and I didn't have the strength to even take a glimpse of Florence. Instead, I just sat there like an idiot.

"Alright. Winter break is coming and I won't let you go off the hook.", our teacher announced. The uproar of my classmates echoed the room.

"Now, now. It's really simle though. I just want you to write an essay about how your Christmas went. Nothing more. You can do that, can't you?", our teacher asked but my classmates kept complaining.

"Keep complaining but don't come running to me if anything happens to this.", our teacher said as he raised his class record and waved it back and forth. All eyes followed the motion of the class record and our teacher then slammed it on the table.

"Got anymore questions?", our teacher asked but my classmates agreed anyway and just kept silent.

"Good.", our teacher said. The bell rang and it was time for first period. Hours ticked by and before I knew it, it was already dismissal.

--------------------------------------------

FLORENCE JOHNSON

--------------------------------------------

Sophia and I haven't had a conversation for the whole day. I felt really lonely. She's really avoiding me. I took my backpack and I headed straight home.

-------------------------------------------

SOPHIA WRIGHT

-------------------------------------------