Chapter Thirteen

SOPHIA WRIGHT

----------------------------------

I found myself sitting inside a luxurious car. I looked around and saw the worst nightmare of my life.

"You!", I screamed. He looked at me sarcastically.

"Yeah me. So?", he asked. Ugh! It pisses me off and I was scared at the same time after what happened between me and him.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I was so curious that the words I spoke just now just blurted out of my mouth. He turned on the radio and some old country music banged my ears.

"Aw! Will you please shut the radio off?". I screamed and crossed my arms. He quickly apologized and turned the radio down. He apologized. Now that's creepy. I bet he totally learned his lesson and it's all thanks to my best friend.

"I want you to see something. Something that may change your thoughts about me." He said. Wow... this is totally creepiness. I didn't dare to look at his stupid face. Instead I was just staring at the rice fields that we passed by. I looked up and the sign board said, "Welcome to San Deigo." Wait, welcome to what now? San Diego? He lives here? Ugh... I don't give a damn about where he lives or what he's about to show me. I just want to go home and watch a movie with some matching popcorn and mountain dew. We arrived at some huge mansion after three hours, I mean who's counting? He got off and hurried to the other side to open my door. Wow, talk about being a gentleman. We went inside and I saw everything. The floors were made of marble with cream color. There were huge glass windows and a spiral staircase going to the second floor. The rails were of silver and the couches were in darker cream. There was a 52" flat screen TV on the wall and a glass table at the center of the sala set. The kitchen was so awesome. The fridge, the table and all were all made of marble and silver. The kitchenware  were hanging above the table that was at the center of the kitchen. The cabinets were silver too. It is like a kitchen for some Hollywood cooking show. Oh and the backyard? It looks just like the backyard of Boby Flay's cooking show. Neat huh? It's like a celebrity is living here. But I guess it's his house.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"You brought me all the way here in San Diego just to show me this? For you to show off your stupid yet amazing house?"

"No. I brought you here for a different reason."

"And what reason may that be? Mr. Evans?" I asked formally but in a teasing tone. He went near me but in a safe distance of course.

"I came to let you see what I have become. I am now a successful business man in my father's company. I decided to forget everything by working and only focusing on my work. In fact, I've never engaged myself in relationships anymore because it would only remind me of the past which I am sorry for. This is what I have accomplished. A new mansion, a lot of money, and manners. I've completely changed and I changed for the better. I just brought you here for you to know all of this. For you to know that I am not the Brandon Evans you used to know." He carefully explained himself. Who knew that work could change a person? Who knew that work could turn tables around? For the better he said? Well, he did change but I'm not sure he would bang a woman when he's alone with one. I know that didn't change.

"I'm also a changed man when it comes to what you are thinking. I don't bang any girl now and I will never bang one ever again. That is a vow a made with myself." He smiled at me. Did he just read my mind? You psycho freakazoid!

"I know that you are thinking I might hit on you again since were alone in my own house. If I were the old Brandon, I would have done that. But as what I have told you, I'm a changed man Sophia. Still don't believe me?" he asked. I don't know what to say. I'm so speechless because he's right. Right about now, if he was the old Brandon, I would've been a goner since my best friend isn't around to save me like last time. I tried to talk to him but my voice wouldn't come out. He must feel that I don't believe him. He frowned and turned away from me.