Chapter Twenty-Two

Hey guys! You can read this chapter with the background music I provided at the side. :D The feels bro.

-SophiaMission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLORENCE JOHNSON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll see you tomorrow?", I asked and Sophia shyly nodded. I saw a faint shade of red across her cheeks as she smiled at me and went inside her house. She cllosed the door and I was left outside. I ran towards my house while dragging my bicycle with me. Arriving at the grassy lawn, I threw myself on the ground. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed, happy, nervous, and so flustered. All these emotions felt so surreal and I can't control this feeling.

FLASHBACK--

"Thanks for coming!", Jordan said as he waved at Sophia and I while we were exiting the shop.

"What did you buy?", I asked.

"Just a cute case for my flute.", she replied. We walked over to where my bicycle was parked but to my horror, it wasn't there.

"Eh?" It was all I could utter.

"Where's your bicycle Florence? I remember you parked it here.", Sophia asked. I looked down and saw a piece of folded paper taped on the sidewalk.

"Nice bicycle. Mind if I borrow it?", I read.

"What's that supposed to mean?", I asked.

"Someone just stole your bicycle Florence!", Sophia screamed in terror. I was shocked to the point that I could barely move and blink my eyes. I saved up a lot and sacrificed a lot for that bicycle to be cool looking and repaired but it got stolen away in a just a moment.

"Florence! We have to report this to the police! There's a station near by.", Sophia said as she dragged me along with her to the police station. She reported what happened and they asked me a few questions about how it looked like and such.

"Alright. We'll send a search team for this. Thank you for reporting this.", the officer said.

"Thank you for hearing us out. That bicycle is really precious to him.", Sophia said.

"For you to be flustered and for him to be shocked like that, ofcourse I could tell that it was precious. I had no doubt in mind to send a search team. We'll call you if we have any update so for now, go home and rest. Leave this job to us.", the officer replied. 

"Thank you.", Sophia said. I was still speechless and if I did speak, I was a minimalist.

"Florence, get a hold of yourself. I know they'll find that bicycle.", Sophia reassured me. We sat at a bench in a near by public playground. After a few minutes of us giving each other the silent treatment, Sophia sighed.

"Are you alright now?", Sophia asked.

"I guess.", I replied. I knew that Sophia could tell that I was lying.

"Liar.", she said. See? She knew. I sighed.

"I hate this.", Sophia said. I looked at her frowning face looking down at her clenched hands.

"You always save me when I'm in trouble and you are always there for me when I'm sad. You always comfort me when I'm lonely. But now, you are the one who needs all those. I may be right beside you right now but, I can't help but feel so angry with myself not being able to do anything but to just be there by your side.", Sophia said. Somehow, what she said calmed me. I looked at her.