Chapter Seventeen

FLORENCE JOHNSON

------------------------------------

"Just rest.", I told myself. I have a fever and I couldn't go to school.

"Big brother, will you be okay?", he asked. I sat up and smiled at him. I wouldn't want him to worry about me.

"Yeah. You're big brother is strong.", I replied as I did a muscular pose. Michael laughed hysterically and I was happy to see him laugh.

"Okay!", he said.

"Are you hungry? What to do want to eat?", I asked.

"I want ham and bacon.", he replied.

"Alright.", I said we both made our way to the kitchen. I observed the entire house and it was getting dusty. No wonder Michael and I kept sneezing these past few days.

"I should probably clean the house today. Michael isn't old enough to clean.", I murmured to myself. I prepared the pan and poured cooking oil in to it. Later I placed the bacons and followed by the hams. I cooked eggs just in case if he wanted some. Well I do. I placed the food on the table and I toasted a few slices of bread. I took out the fresh milk from the fridge and placed in on the table together with our cups. After the bread was toasted, I took it and placed it on the table.

"Michael, breakfast is ready.", I called him. He came rushing in the dining room and both of us sat. We began to eat and eat.

"Big brother, why isn't Sophia coming?", he asked.

"That's because she's busy Michael.", I replied. Busy hanging out with Ken, alright.

"I miss her.", he said. It's been two weeks since she came in this house and it's been awhile since only the two of us hung out together like the old times. So basically, yeah. I miss her too.

"Don't worry. I'll tell her to come here this Saturday.", I said. Michael became happy and excited about it. After eating breakfast, Michael went to the living room and I began washing the dishes. Suddenly, I felt so tired and dizzy. After that, I didn't know what happened next.

------------------------------

"Huh? I'm in my room?", I nurmured. I looked around and I saw Michael crying. He looked at me with teary eyes and he suddenly hugged me.

"Big brother! I thought you were dead!", he said while he let out  a lot of sobs.

"Dead? I think I only lost conciousness.", I replied.

"But she said you were dying.", he said.

"Who told you so?!", I asked. Then I heard a hysterical laugh from behind. I looked at who the person was and to my dismay, it was her.

"Glad to see you're still alive.", Mrs. Wright said while trying her best to hold her laugh. Looking pissed off, I replied to her.

"Please don't poison an innocent person's mind."

"Oh come on. He actually believed me.", she replied.

"He did believe you.", I said.

"It was so funny.", she said. I stared at her from head to toe.

"So? Why are you here in my house wearing pajamas?", I asked.

"Today is my day off. Michael came to our house running like something was chasing him. I also heard something bang. You know, like a glass fall to the floor. I woke up and heard Michael's knocking then he told me you were dead.", she said. Michael thought I was dead?! Seriously? Then Mrs. Wright continued.