Chapter Twenty-One

SOPHIA WRIGHT

---------------------------------

"Alright! Test begins in five. Review while you can and fix your things in two minutes.", the teacher announced. Sigh, I hope I do good or Florence would make fun of me. I fixed my things and placed my bag underneath my desk. We were all one seat apart from each other. I looked around and I noticed my classmates were nervous as I was. I looked at my pen and I could feel my hand sweating and shaking. I shook my head and lightly slapped both of my cheeks. You can do this. Trust in yourself. You studied really hard for today so do your best Sophia Wright! The teacher was done giving out the test papers and I could hear the sound of the papers being flipped. One hour passed by and English was done. One hour passed by again and Sciene was done. History, Literature, French, Math, and Geo all passed by in mere hours.

"Okay. The exams are over. Good work everyone. Read the note I posted on the board. Deadline will be next week.", the teacher said as he took all of his things and left the room. My classmates were all pissed off and tired. I can hear their clamoring voices.

"Another assignment?", I asked myself. I accidentally gazed at Florence. He turned his head and once we made eye contact, he turned away like he was avoiding me. What was that about? Is he actually mad at me? I hurriedly got my bag and chased after him. I didn't see him along the halls but I bet he's still around school. I looked around for him and I spotted him inside the school gym. He was alone. He took off his polo and he was now only wearing his loose sleeveless white shirt. I could see his muscly back and strong arms. I never knew he had a nice body. Does he even work out? He never told me that he works out. He turned around and I hid right away. I hope he didn't see me. It was silent. I sighed in relief. Good thing he didn't see me. I wanted to peek. I turned my head a bit so I could see him but this was what happened.

"I did see you, you know.", he said while looking at me with that bored face. I gasped and jumped in surprise seeing him already standing behind me.

"Don't scare me like that.", I said.

"I wasn't trying to scare you.", he replied.

"Yes you did!", I said. Florence sighed and started to walk away in to the gym. I looked at him as he was trying to get a ball from the basket.

"What do you want?", he asked. I looked at him and he looked at me so gently like he was searching for the answer; an answer that could only come from me.

"I came because of curiosity.", I replied. He just smiled and then turned away while getting the ball. He started dribbling around the court. He jumped and threw the ball. It was a perfect 3 point shot.

"Wow.", I said in awe. I didn't know he was good in basketball. I looked at him as he combed his hair with his hand. Wait. What am I thinking?! I can't just go and day dream  about my own bestfriend.

"Do you like it?", he asked with a smirk on his face. I can't help but hide a smile.

"Not one tiny bit.", I replied.

"Oh I see.", he said. He passed the ball to me and I caught it with my two arms.

"Let me see you play.", Florence said. I smiled as I started to dribble the ball. Running towards the ring, I looked back and saw Florence chasing behind me.

"I won't let you.", he said. He was pacing and I was about to jump to make a shot when all of a sudden he caught me and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We both laughed hysterically as we found ourselves sitting on the floor with Florence still not letting go of me.

"See what you did? I was almost going to show off my slamdunk!", I said.

"Oh really? I change my mind about wanting to see you play.", he replied. Is he up to something? For some reason, I unexpectedly felt comfortable sitting with him while holding me like this.