Chapter Five

FLORENCE JOHNSON

-------------------------------------------------

I texted Sophia since she was alone at her house again.

"Are you okay there?" I waited and waited. I got a reply after twenty minutes.

"Yeah. Just doing my homework and eating some popcorn. Wanna come over? I actually need help on our homework on geology." I figured. She really has a hard time understanding Geology. Actually, I'm an honor student and when I graduate, I'm planning to take up Geology and Ethics courses since I love exploring. Weird huh? The fact that I hate camping but still I want to take up geology. It's because I know that there's more than meets the eye. 

"I'll be there in just a sec." I jumped off my bed and ran outside. I rode on my bicycle and drove down to Sophia's house. I arrived in their driveway and parked my bicycle. I rang the doorbell and Sophia opened the door for me. 

"Come in." We walked to their living room. It was dim and creepy. I wonder how Sophia could survive this creepiness? I guess she got used to it. We sat together side by side and started to finish our homework. After almost three hours, we were finally finished. We rested for about how many minutes. Silence filled the air. I felt goosebumps when our arms got in touch. Woah there boy! Snap out of it. Wow... I did not feel this kind of feeling after how many countless times that me and Sophia were alone. I mean come on! We were even alone at her bedroom last week since we were working on a project Mr. Collins gave us. But why now? Why am I feeling this?

"Florence?" I gasped and looked at Sophia. She had these dark eyes plastered on her and I suddenly felt the urge to kiss her but I avoided to do it. We haven't had our first kisses yet and we wanted to have it with whoever it will be that we will live with forever. The kissing scene will certainly not happen today! Sophia laid her head on my chest and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. She looked up to me and said,

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm f-fine." I gulped. I really wanted to kiss her but I fought the urge not to do it. She held my hand and pressed it on her chest.

"Florence, I'm worried about you. Are you really okay? Do you want me to turn on the lights? I would prefer it to be this way but if you want to I could." I held her hand tightly not wanting her to stand up.

"Florence? Okay. I'll just stay here." The next thing I knew, we were staring at each other. She places her arms around my neck and  places her forehead into my forehead. 

"Sophia"

"Yes?" I pulled her closer to me. Our lips were an inch apart now. 

"Do it." Sophia told me confidently.

"But we  promised?" I asked confused. She smiled at me and closed her eyes and said,

"I was thinking lately and I finally thought... I want you to be my first kiss." I closed my eyes. Our lips met each other for the first time after how many years. Her lips were so soft and so warm. It was so kissable like what I've thought. I felt butterflies in my stomach and it felt really good. I was so happy to share my first kiss with my best friend. I just hope that after this, our friendship will stay.

---------------------------------------------------

SOPHIA WRIGHT

--------------------------------------------------

Oh...My...Gosh.... I can't describe how I feel right now. All I can say is, I'm really happy that I got to share my first kiss with my very own best friend. I really wanted it to be him. I don't know why but I just feel so. After we kissed, I looked at his pink-colored cheeks and it made me blush too. It was kind of embarrassing for some unknown reason but I was still happy.

"uh... I'll go grab some juice." I was about to stand up when he grabbed me by my hips and we fell flat on the floor. I was now on top of my best friend. This is embarrassing. I was really blushing and thank goodness it was dim. I looked at him sweetly and he did too. He held me tighter like not wanting to let go of me. I rested my head on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat running wild inside. It was really cute. 

"Sophia, I love you." I flushed red after hearing him say it. I know that it only meant that he loved me as a friend and he really cares for me. That's why I love him too.

"I love you more." The next thing I knew, we were kissing again. It felt really nice kissing the person you know that will never ever leave you. It's that feeling of assurance and love. Wait! Love? I'm not ready for that. Maybe just the assurance part, I''m good with that. We pulled apart and he said,

"I'm happy I got to share my first kiss with my best friend." he said. I smiled and hugged him.

"Me too."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They finally kissed! But will that have a big impact on their friendship? Find out on the later chappies!

HEY GUYS!! Here's chapter 5! What do you think? Please comment and I'm happy with that :)