Chapter Twelve

FLORENCE  JOHNSON

-----------------------------------

Tomorrow is finally the day. I'm nervous and at the same time excited.

"Okay. That's enough." Mrs. Flinn ordered. I stopped playing.

"Why did you even think of changing your piece Mr. Johnson? The event is already tomorrow and yet you had the guts to start from trash!" She scolded me. Yeah I need a little more practice but I wanted to play this song so bad. How come I haven't realized this ages ago?

"For your information Mrs. Flinn, this song isn't trash." I got pissed off. She turned around and opened the door.

"Trash or not, you will not change the piece! Practice the other song!" She yelled and slammed the door. I sat on the floor and stared at the score sheet. Mom, what will I do? I wanna play your song. I don't care if I win or not, I want everybody to listen to the song you made. I felt a cold breeze and I shivered. Woah, that was creepy. I looked at the black board and saw a heart at the lowest corner of the board.

"So I should listen to my heart then? Thanks mom." I stood up and continued to practice my mom's song.

-----------------------------

SOPHIA WRIGHT

-----------------------------

I need to hurry. I have to go to my best friend's practice! Ugh. Curse this Supreme Council meeting. Being the president isn't easy. I have a lot of paperwork and meetings. But this meeting has been going on for an hour already. I really have to go!

"That's what we'll be doing tomorrow." The secretary announced. Everyone agreed and so did I.

"Okay. So everyone, that ends the meeting for today. We'll hold another meeting on Monday. Take note of your duties. You're all dismissed."I announced. Everyone started to clear up while I dashed my way to the music room. I peeked and saw Florence still playing the piano. Mrs. Flinn was coming to the door. She opened it and looked at me.

"Your best friend is really stubborn Ms. Wright. Please do something about it." She walked away. What? What's she talking about? I went in the music room.

"You're late." He told me.

"We had a meeting for the event tomorrow. I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. I'm not done anyway." He stared at the keyboard.

"What happened between you and Mrs. Flinn? Something wrong?" I asked.

"I'm going to play Comme Amour again. It's Mrs. Flinn's orders." He told me with a monotonous voice. I was disappointed there.

"Why? Your mom's song was already nice. I was sure you'd win." I encouraged him.

"I haven't mastered the song yet." He said. I went and sat beside him.

"Your fingers might've not mastered it, but your heart does." I told him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks."

"If you want to play your mom's song, then go on. Who cares what Mrs. Flinn says? She's not the one competing, right?" I encouraged him. He nodded and he started to play. It was really a beautiful song. I tell it's really touching. I know that someone else composed the song but Florence believes that it's his mom who made it even though he knows that she didn't. He practiced really hard. I bought him dinner and we ate there. He practiced until eleven in the evening. We were halted by the school guard. I told him that I am the Supreme Council President of the entire school so he let us pass. It's nice to be the president. You can control almost everyone, including the teachers. As he played the song, I stared at his caramel eyes. His eyes are so sexy but dull sometimes. That was it. The night ended and I wished my best friend God's blessing.