Chapter Three

FLORENCE JOHNSON

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Will you go out with me?"

"I...ah..."

"I love you!"

I was watching a certain movie here at Sophia's house. It was a love story so I wasn't that interested. Since she likes it, I might as well just watch. 

"Hungry?", Sophia asked. "It's okay. I'm good." Yeah sure I was hungry but not that desperate to eat all the food in the fridge. 

"Yeah. Sure you are Florence." She went to the kitchen and poured some potato chips in a bowl. 

"Let me help you with that." I went in the kitchen and helped Sophia. I poured juice into our cups, we each have one with our names on it just so you know, and we went back to the living room. I heard a chuckling sound behind us. Guess who?

"Hello my adorable angels!" You heard it right. Adorable angels. I mean who calls you adorable angels in the modern world? You guessed it right. Meet Anna Wright, Sophia's mother who acts like a young mother.

"Mom! Stop calling us that .", said Sophia with an irritated voice. I just smiled since I got used to it already.

"Why don't you two just go out and play?", she said playfully which Sophia didn't like.

"We're not kids anymore mom. Just go to work already.", said Sophia. I just sat there and watched. 

"It's my day off. Speaking of which, let's go camping!"

"What?!", me and Sophia said simultaneously. We were shocked. Camping of all things. I hated camping and Sophia knows that. I just don't like the creepies that walk around the jungle. It just creeps me out okay? Oh yeah, I'm a scaredy cat. You don't like me anymore, huh? Well, Sophia like me just the way I am. So the next thing we knew, we arrived at a jungle. We couldn't say no to her mom since she really took a day off just to spend time with us. She works non-stop which was quite uneasy for Sophia's part since she is left alone in the house for almost the whole summer, I kept her company of course. She only had her mom and me as her family.

--------------------------------------------------------

SOPHIA WRIGHT

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Did I mention that I hate camping? So yeah. Now you know it. I. HATE. CAMPING. But since mom really took the day off just to go out with us, guess I'll just have to go with the flow. woopiiee.. camping... how exciting... blah blah blah... So the next thing I knew, we were at the jungle. 

"I'll set up the tents. The two of you gather some firewood." Me and Florence went to the jungle to gather some wood. 

"Well this is tiring." Florence was silent. That was weird. I mean really weird. He never acts this way before. He always starts the conversation but today he was silent. 

"Earth to Florence?" I asked him. He looked at me.

"Oh, sorry. I was just caught up on something."

really weird...

---------------------------------------------------------

FLORENCE JOHNSON

---------------------------------------------------------

While we were walking and looking for some firewood, something came in my mind. "Why do I suddenly feel awkward. ugh!! go away! I don't understand this feeling. It's so weird. Why do I want to hold her hand? Seeing her face makes me blush. Looking at her lips makes me just want to kiss it so badly. Why am I so desperate?!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"uhh... earth to Florence?" Sophia snapped me out of my thoughts. I should really stop talking to myself.

'"I think we found more than we could gather. Let's go back to the campsite." She nodded and we went back. 

"Mom! What on mother nature's beauty are you grilling?!", Sophia asked. She kind of looked pissed. I held her shoulder to calm her down. Well it actually worked. She turned to me and smiled. She She plastered an it's-okay-i'm-fine'don't-worry-i-won't-explode smile. Long huh? Anyway, we placed the firewood we gathered earlier at the center of the site. Later we sat by the fire.

"It's getting late. I'll go inside first. Enjoy the night my pumpkins!" Sophia's mom said with a smirk on her face. I shivered on the thought on the fact that a seventeen year old kid is called Pumpkin by her mom. Yeah that's freaky. I know. I get that a lot. It was silent. She didn't utter a word so I decided to break it.

"So... Can I ask you something?" She looked at me with curiosity but then she smile. God that smile makes my heart skip a million beats. I'd be dead by now if that literally happened though.

"Sure."

"Are you okay?

"No."

"Why?" I asked. I've been dying to ask her if she's okay. I mean, she wasn't herself this week. 

"You know my crush right? Brandon Evans? Yeah so like he has a girlfriend already."

"What do you like about him anyway? He's just a plain old boy." I uttered. She snapped.

"He's the most handsome and caring boy I've ever met in my entire life! And he's just no ordinary boy!"

"Okay geezz I'm sorry." I felt my hand wrap itself in a ball but I tried to hide it behind my back so Sophia wouldn't see it. Why? Am I not enough? I'm her best friend for the love of cheeseburgers! oh, that went weird. Isn't she happy to be with me? And what's with that Brandon guy anyway? I'm more hotter that he is! Ugh! Me and my questions. I felt two arms wrap above my shoulders and her head was now beside my face. Tada! My face should be super freaking red right now. Thank god it's dark so it isn't clear.

"You're the bestest friend I ever have. I'm thankful. Always. I love you as a friend Florence. Remember our promise? You're doing a good job being there for me always." I held her arms and held them tighter. I wish we can just stay like this forever. I want her to be with me always. I don't want her to look at any other man but me. Woah there boy... selfish much? The night got chiller so we agreed to go inside our tents.

"Good Night Florence." Before I knew it, she kissed me on my cheek. My face became hot and i bet it was much red than a baboon's butt.

"Good Night." We waved at each other before going inside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyy!!! Here's chapter 3! Hope you like it. So, what do you think? I made it as long as I can :) I'm open to suggestions and comments guys. Please vote if you liked my story :) It would really mean a lot to me.