Decided

Naminé looked up at the memory pod that held Sora.

"Sora..." she whispered. DiZ walked up behind her.

"It appears we've come to a standstill," he said.

Naminé nodded. "Yes." 

"This has gone on long enough," DiZ decided, he turned to Riku. Lelie stood close behind him. She didn't really like DiZ. "Riku, I think you know what needs to be done."

Lelie bit her lip, trying to stop tears. Riku frowned. "Right."

====Time Skip====

The Next Day

========

Axel

========

Axel was walking through the halls when he ran into Saix.

"Looks like you've meddled again," Saix growled.

"Sorry, did you say something?" Axel spat back.

"The Organization doesn't need both of them. Just one will suffice. Stop pretending." 

Axel looked away from Saix and growled.

"Think about that," Saix said, then walked away.

====Time Skip====

~~~~~~

Roxas entered the lobby to find Axel, Xion, and Xigbar conversing with Saix. The unusual trio were about to head out on a mission.

Roxas asked Saix if he could take Xigbar's spot, but Saix chided Roxas, asking if he was powerless without Axel.

Roxas saw Xion and Axel off with a sense of unease.

~~~~~~

====Time Skip====

Xigbar jumped back, Xion had just swung his Keyblade at him in frustration.

Xigbar laughed loudly. "What a blast from the past!"

"Xion, stop!" Axel yelled.

Xigbar summoned his guns. "Of all the faces... Why do I look at her and see yours?" Instead of seeing Xion, Xigbar saw a boy that looked like Roxas, but had black and white clothing with a large piece of armor on his shoulder. "Why is it that you always have to glare at me like that?"

Xion growled. "Shut up!" For a second she disappeared. 

Xigbar gasped and looked around wildly. Xion suddenly appeared right in front of him, slicing upward with her Keyblade. Xigbar fell to the ground, unconscious.

Xion's Keyblade disappeared. She turned to Axel. "I'm sorry, Axel."

"What are you doing?" Axel asked.

"Please... let me go," Xion begged. "I have to do this, or else..." She sighed. "Just look." She pulled back her hood. Axel gasped. She pulled her hood back up. "Please, Axel. You have to take care of Roxas. I'll look out for Lelie, and I know people who'll take good care of her."

"But... you'd be..." 

"Please!" Xion pleaded.

Axel looked at her with sad eyes, then nodded his head in a way that told her to go.

"Thank you, Axel," Xion said. A Dark Corridor appeared, and she ran through it.

====Time Skip====

Roxas was walking down the hall when he heard an interesting conversation. Axel and Xigbar stood facing Saix, who wasn't happy.

"Explain yourself, Axel," Saix growled.

"The old man needs to get his eye checked," Axel said. "She just got away."

Xigbar shrugged. "I'll give him that. Can't toss the blame around." 

Roxas walked up to the group. Saix glared at him. "And now we're left with the one we can't use."

"Did something happen?" Roxas asked. Saix turned on his heel and walked out of the room. Roxas looked around. "Where's Xion?"

Xigbar pulled his signature smirk. "She flew the coop. Flamesilocks here couldn't trouble himself to clip her wings." He gestured to Axel, who faced away from Roxas. Axel hung his head. 

Roxas gasped. "What does he mean, Axel?"

"Your friend sat there sucking his thumb while Xion walked right off. He's probably the one that left Lelie in the hands of the imposter too!" Xigbar shook his head. "I'm going back to my room." He walked away.

Roxas didn't look away from Axel. "What happened out there?"

"Nothing, really," Axel said gently. 

"'Nothing'?" Roxas asked, anger dripping into his voice. "Xion's gone! Lelie is still missing! How can that be nothing?"

"It's just like Xigbar said. I just sat there sucking my thumb watching Xion run away. I really don't know anything about Lelie though."

Roxas ran in front of him, fists clenched. "I'm asking you WHY you let Xion go, and you know it!"

Axel crossed his arms. "Xion is like a mirror that reflects you."

"You're not making any sense."

"Xion is a puppet, created to duplicate your powers," Axel explained.

Roxas growled. "Are you nuts? Xion's a person, not a puppet."

Axel shook his head. "She's a mirror that reflects you. And when I looked into the mirror... It wasn't you I saw."

"Xion is Xion," Roxas shouted. "You can't expect her to be me."

"That's not what I mean. It was only a matter of time before someone broke the mirror."

"You mean... they have to destroy her!?" Axel didn't say anything. "Answer me!"

Axel looked at the ground. "Roxas, if somebody doesn't, then you won't be you anymore."

Roxas shook his head. "I'll always be me. I'm still your best friend-just like Xion is my best friend! And Lelie too!"

Axel shook his head again. "That's not it. You're missing the whole point, Roxas."

"Forget this," Roxas spat, running away from Axel.

"Roxas!" Axel called after him. But he was gone. "I wish you'd understand, Roxas..."