Friends in Oblivion

Part One: Chain of Memories

=~=~=~=~=~=

Rue and Violet briskly walked beside Sora, Donald, and Goofy. 

"Come on!" they shouted impatiently, running ahead.

Sora scratched the back of his head, "Wow! I know I really wanna see Riku and the King, but those two are desperate to find their friend!"

"You're one to talk Sora! Did you chase Riku and Kiari throughout ALL the worlds?" Rue pointed out.

Sora blinked, "How do you know about that?" 

Rue bit her lip. "Hey look we're here!" Violet shouted quickly. They were indeed at Castle Oblivion. 

Donald sighed, "Should we go inside?" But the two young girls were already at the door, pushing it with all the force they could muster.

"Help us!" Rue yelled angrily. The trio sighed, quickly dashing up to the girls.

====~====~====

The five travelers walked into Castle Oblivion. Rue and Violet looked around for their friend. Sora, Donald, and Goofy admired the large structure.

Rue sighed, "I don't see her..."

"Hey, ya think it's OK to barge in?" Goofy asked worriedly.

"But we gotta do it, if we're gonna find the king..." Donald told him.

"The king?! King Mickey's here?" Goofy burst, looking around wildly.

Donald looked at him, annoyed, "Something just told me he'd be here, OK?"

"Really? 'Cause now that ya mention it, I was kinda thinkin' the same thing." Goofy said, scratching his head. 

"Seriously? Me too! One look at this castle, and I just knew." Sora said, surprised, "Our very best friends-they're here."

Violet gently took her sister's hand, "Same. We know she's here!"

Goofy laughed, "Guess great minds think alike."

Jiminy jumped up onto Sora's shoulder, "Wait, hey, hold on! It can't be just a coincidence!"

"Jiminy, ya don't mean that-" Donald started.

"Yep, I had it too, mm-hmm! I had the exact same feeling," Jiminy said, putting his hands on his hips.

"Gawrsh, maybe it's contagious," Goody said in a nervous tone.

Rue rolled her eyes, "Feelings aren't contagious Goofy."

Donald nodded in agreement, "Something's screwy. We gotta go take a look."

"All right," Sora said, turning to go deeper into the castle.

"Wak! Where are you going!?" Donald yelled, jumping.

"That way. To the door. Are ya scared?" Sora teased. Rue and Violet snickered.

Donald scowled, "Aw, don't be ridiculous! Come on, let's go, Goofy!" Donald started to walk forward to Sora and the girls.

"Hey, fellahs, shouldn't we shut the door behind us before we go?" Goofy suggested. He turned and yelped, "Sora!"

Everyone turned to see a dark-coated figure standing in front of the large doors. The open door closed behind him.

The girls jumped as the door closed. Sora scowled, "That's it! Who are you?" He summoned his Keyblade. The man started to step forward. 

Donald jumped, "Wak! Heartless! Oh yeah? I'll try some magic! THUNDER!" Nothing happened. "Come on. THUNDER! THUNDER!!" He waved his staff in the air. Rue crossed her arms while Violet raised an eyebrow. Goofy scratched his head. 

"Umm, Donald?" Violet started. Donald ignored her.

"Come on...Blizzard? FIRE!" Donald shouted. The man continued to walk toward them. "Why isn't it working?"

"I should think it's obvious." the man said, "The moment you set foot in this castle, you forgot every spell and every ability you ever knew." A confused expressed crossed Sora's face. 

"Great! This guy." Rue whispered sarcastically. 

Violet giggled, "Flower boy."

The man didn't hear them and continued, "In this place, to find is to lose, and to lost is to find. That is the way in Castle Oblivion."

"Castle Oblivion?" Sora repeated as the man disappeared. Everyone jumped. Sora rubbed his eyes. The man appeared behind them.

"Here you will meet people that you have known in the past. And you will meet people you miss," the man told them.

"I miss?" Sora repeated, thinking. "Riku! You mean Riku's here?!"

"Lexile!" Rue shouted, "Where is she?!"

"If what you want...is to find them..." the man raised this and and send a powerful wind toward them. Sora shielded himself as the man became translucent and passed through him. Sora ran and slashed at him with his Keyblade. The man disappeared, leaving flower petals swirling in the air. 

The man appeared again by the door at the far end of the hall.

Sora ran forward and raised his Keyblade, "What'd you do?!" 

"I merely sampled your memories." the man said, "And from them, I made this." He held up a small blue card. "To reunite with those you hold dear-" he tossed Sora the card, who caught it quickly. 

He looked at it, "What's this, a card?"

"It is a promise for the reunion you seek," the man explained. "Hold the card to open the door. And beyond it, a new world."

"Great, this will take forever," Rue muttered, giving the man a hard glare.

"Proceed," the man said, "To lose and claim anew, or to claim anew only to lose..." He disappeared once again, this time for good. 

They all looked at each other. "Well I guess we have some work to do." Violet said, stepping up to Sora. He was examining the card.

"C'mon-let's go," he said, looking at the door.

Violet leaned towards her sister, "Welcome to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories."