Awakened

The Next Day

=======

~~~~~~

Roxas continued to carry out his mission while covering for Xion.

~~~~~~

======

18 Days Later

======

Xion opened her eyes and quickly sat up, startling Roxas. She looked at him.

"Uh... Good morning, Xion," Roxas said.

"Oh...Morning..." Xion greeted back.

"You woke up so suddenly, you just startled me."

"S-sorry..." Xion stuttered. She saw all the seashells. She picked one up. "Did you bring me these seashells?" She held it up to her ear and listened.

"Do you hear it?" Roxas asked.

"Yeah, the sound of the waves," Xion replied softly. "How long was I asleep?"

"About twenty days."

"That long!?"

Roxas nodded. "Yeah. You were sleeping so much that Lelie and Axel were getting worried."

"I'm sorry about that," Xion apologized. She put a hand to her chest. "Kind of weird that we can feel anything at all. Without having hearts to feel with." Roxas crossed his arms and didn't answer. "Hey, Roxas. Don't you have work today?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm about to head out," Roxas replied.

"I'd like to tag along."

"But don't you need some more rest?"

Xion smiled and stood up. "I'll be fine. C'mon, take me with you." She looked at him pleadingly with her large blue eyes.

"All right. Sure."

====Time Skip====

Roxas, Lelie, Axel, and Xion were walking through Twilight town when Xion suddenly collapsed.

"Xion!" Roxas yelled.

Lelie gently helped Axel pick Xion up. Lelie was about to healing spell she learned when a giant Heartless appeared. It shot a beam of electricity at them, separating the group. Xion was with Axel while Roxas and Lelie charged at the beast.

"Leave Xion to me!" Axel shouted.

Lelie nodded and willed her pole to turn into a spear. She and Roxas quickly struck the Heartless. The Heartless wailed and shot another beam of electricity, it hit Lelie's spear and clattered to the ground, sizzling.

Lelie tried to pick it up, but the Heartless slammed into her and knocked the pole away. It hit Roxas it the head and he fell, stunned. 

"Roxas!" Lelie shouted.

"Lelie! Look out!" Axel yelled. Lelie saw the Heartless charging at her again. If it hit her, she would go stumbling off the edge of a rather large wall. 

Knowing she had no choice, Lelie summoned her Keyblade and struck the Heartless as hard as she could. She was surprised how natural it felt. The Heartless disappeared and a heart floated into the air instantly.

 The Heartless disappeared and a heart floated into the air instantly