Chatper 23- Heart Aches.

A few hours have passed as Mel was rushed to the hospital by Killer X. Lyla would be sitting in HQ. tapping her foot rapidly as her body shakes. Kat would walk over, sitting down next to lyla as she handed her a bottled water. Lyla nodding her head as she took the water, swiftly opening it and downing some of it before shaking a bit more.

Jio would storm in. Throwing his helmet across the room of pure rage and anger. "FUCK FUCK!!!! YOU FUCKER!!!" Jio would walk over to their desk of gadgets. Using his right forearm. He would slide them all off, watching the gadgets crash all over the floor.

Lyla would look over at Jio. Her eyes lighting up a bit as she sipped more of her water. Shaking a bit. "How is he?!?"

Jio would slowly look over at Lyla. Sighing a bit as he spoke. "They said he's gonna be on watch..it's a chance he could pull through..but there wasn't enough narrowbone tissue to stitch back. Since it was such a sloppy rip.. not a clean cut."

"Fuck.. fuck fuck fuck!!" Lyla would look down, tears streaming down her cheeks as he placed her hands over her eyes. She began to cry softly as Kat wrapped her arms around lyla. Hugging her softly. "There's still a chance.. don't worry." Kat spoke, lyla falling into her arms as she sobbed.

"I'm sorry lyla.." Jio let out a deep sigh. Rubbing his head.

"I couldn't do anything.. I've never.. once seen him cry for help.. he never ask for help.." she tears up a bit more. "Even when that man killed his family.. he still never asked for help.. that was the first time he's ever reached out to.. someone for help."  Lyla would hug Kat a bit tighter, resting her head on kats shoulder as she cried a little bit harder.

Kat would embrace lyla tighter, resting her head on lylas head. "Shh.."

Jio's face would show he was furious. He looks down trying to contain himself from bursting out, the anger boiling inside him.

"I'm sorry I put that cam on him.. you didn't deserve to see that." Lyla spoke, sniffling.

"It's gonna be ok.. you don't have to apologize, for anything." Kat would rub lylas back softly.

"What if he's still here?!" Jio would stomp over towards his Katana. Gripping the handle tightly as he gritted his teeth.

"Hey stop.. he's probably long gone by now." Kat jumped in.

"Then I'm going to BloodLust."

"And do what exactly?! There's a big ass wall!! Calm the Hell down!!"

"...ILL BLOW THAT DAMN WALL DOWN."

"THEN WHAT?! FACE AN ARMY?! WHEN YOU COULD'NT BEAT THIS ONE FUCKING GUY?!?..listen, I get it.. it's the worse feeling in the world.. I can only bet my life on how you feel.."

"Can you?! Because it's completely different out there when you're in here sitting at a desk doing absolute SHIT!!" Jio exploded.

Kat would pause, looking straight at Jio. "Doing shit..?"

"...Kat.. I didn't mean it like that." Jio would sigh.

"You think I enjoy sitting here everyday, being able to do NOTHING about it while people I care for sit here and risk their fucking lives?!?!" Kat would tear up.

Jio would hang his head, sighing softly. "I'm sorry..."

"Are you?!?!?"

"I....I'll be back..."

"Don't fucking bother." Kat would tighten her hug on lyla.  Jio walking out as Emily sighed. "I'll speak to the dumbass." She stood up, walking towards the exit before stopping and looking at lyla. "I'm sorry... you may not believe me... but I am.."

Lyla would look at Emily. Giving a slow nod before hugging Kat a bit tighter, now feeling empathy for Kat she spoke: "hey.. you know you do a lot.." Lyla would wipe Kats own tears. "He's just in a rage state right now.."

Kat would softly look down.  "I know.. I just.. I know what I do is nothing compared to what you guys do. It just pisses me off thinking I don't fear the day or night he doesn't come back, just like my Mel..my anxiety spikes every time from the minute he leaves out, to the second he gets back..knowing that one day, he doesn't walk through that door.. or the last time I hear him on that com.. is the day I fail."

"You could do a lot more behind a screen then fighting, If you think about it.. you're here blocking off signals, tracking, making defenses to ensure we don't get hacked and shit.. you deal with your risky online battle. What they do.. it's insane yeah, but I'm like you in a way. I don't like leaving anymore.. not unless I have to. And look.. here I am, the first time I head out, my boyfriend gets his entire right arm ripped right off his body.." Lyla would rub Kats back, slightly softly. "I'm really sorry about what happened to your Mel princess.. I could only imagine how I'm gonna react if mine dies.. and as for the anxiety, whatever happens out there.. it isn't your fault. It's never gonna be your fault.. no matter how bad it hurts hearing or watching.. it really doesn't fall on you if they fall.."

Kat would smile softly. "Thank you.." she softly would wipe her face. "As for your Mel.. I've seen his strength..he's gonna make it.. in the mean time.. I think we could get something for him to fall back on." Kat would softly smile, fixing her glasses.

"Like what..?" Lyla would look at kat.

Kat would run over to her desk. Grabbing her laptop as she ran back to lyla. Sitting down as she began to open the laptop. "Its a titanium metallic broth arm..it was first used for wounded military soldiers when they lost limbs..but with a little bit of our touch..I was thinking we make it better..

"How so..?"

"Make it attractable.. to move like he's moving his old arm.."

"Coat it with an extra layer of steel.. kelvar.. make it a force to be wrecked with.."

"That's right cutie."

"Perfect.. I'll make it custom to fit mels body.. so it doesn't look like one arm is bigger then the others.. then when the time comes and he puts on more muscle I'll adjust the arm to match his other arm.."

"Awesome.." Kat would begin to surf the dark net. Hunting the arm. "Normally these go up to the trillions. However, I'm using the dark net to find it for a much cheaper piece.. and.. bingo.." she smiles.

"How much is it?!" Lyla smiles.

"Couple mil."

Lylas jaw would drop. However, Kat would explain how they take money from millionaire companies and store it in an off store account."

"...ok.." Lyla would say, laughing a bit.

"And... purchased. The drop off is set at the back of dollar general."

"Awesome.. come with me, let's pick up! Then we get back to my house and work on it!"

Kat would smile brightly, nodding her head. "Let's do it!"

The two would leave the HQ. heading out, they would make it to the dollar general within 20 minutes; the box holding the arm within would be laid in the middle of the street. Lyla rushing towards it, lifting it up and walking back to Kat. The two smiling as lyla walked.

"How was your Mel like?" Lyla would ask Kat. Kat would giggle a bit. "Mel.. he was free. Expressed himself in however way he could.. he would talk your ear off and make you wanna punch him, he was SOOOO dumb!! But it was the cute dumb.. but what really made me feel for him, was how he opened up to me. Let me In when he didn't have anyone else to go too.. he trusted me.." Kat would smile softly.

"Awe!! That's so cute!!" Lyla would smile brightly.

"How's your's like?" Kat would smile.

"My Mel is strikingly similar to yours.. I think the only difference is the physical and mental strength of my Mel. I bet if our mels met they would hit it off great." Lyla giggles.

"I wouldn't be able to handle two mels in the same room." Kat and lyla laughed as they walked into lylas cabin.