Chatper 15- School is in session

Mel would be training with Zach. A few days have passed since the outpost situation. Mel and Zach stole some fresh new clothes, lyla cooks and feeds them while they protect her from the dragons. Mel and Zach were training in the basement, Mel punching a punching bag. Giving it harsh, yet fast jabs left and right while Zach was doing pull ups. Lyla would skip downstairs. Tossing them both back packs. "Have a good first day boys." Mel would grab the bag. Stuffing some basic books and a pencil inside it as he slung it over his shoulder. Zach doing the same. "This is so gay" expressed Zach. "Relax bud, it could be worse. It could be GAY, this is just gay." Zach would chuckle. "Gay." Lyla would hand Mel a little baggy. "I made you lunch!" She smiles.
"Did you make me one too?!?" Zach smiles.
"Oh me friend I ran out of bread." She tilts her head smiling before walking upstairs.
"Bruh."

Mel and Zach would head out of the cabin. Leaping into the trees jumping from branch to branch. Jumping. This town had some wooded areas so they used that to get to the school. Once they got to the front gates. They walked inside. The school was a decent size building. Kids walking around talking and laughing as Mel and Zach stayed closed to one another.

"Look, everyone is happy and shit. Not like our school."

"Yeah I get it." Mel chuckled. "It's whether bud. Let's just keep goin'"

Mel and Zach's phone would ding. Their coms activating as lyla spoke. "You both have classes, math, chemistry, then English, then lunch. Go. The rooms are on your phones."

Mel would look at his phone. Classroom 4D. Zach shares the same class. They would walk to their classes, Mel and Zach slept through each class until lunch. The boys walked into the cafeteria. The cafeteria was packed. Tables full- however, one small table was empty. Mel and Zach went to it. Sitting alone as Mel looked around. "How are we gonna figure out which ones Emily?"

Zach would open mels lunch. Splitting the sandwich in half. Eating giving Mel his share. Mel would eat his side. "I dunno bro, I'm sure she will pop up"

Suddenly Mel was tackled onto the table bench. A fairly attractive girl was clinging to him. Wrapping her arms around him tightly as she laughed but tears in her eyes. "You're Alive!! Oh my god!!! Oh my fucking god!!! But how!!! How how!!'"

Zach would spit a piece of his sandwich out. Confused as ever. "Who the fuck"

Mel would slowly sit up, the girl kissing all over his face until Mel gently pulled away. "Whoa whoa, hey miss. We just got here, we're the new kids. I've never seen you before."

Zach would sip some of mels soda. Mel twitching looking at Zach, as zach stuffed some chips in his mouth. Speaking with his mouth full: "yeah what he said" some chunks spitting out his mouth as Mel slammed his head on the table.

The girl would speak "oh... I-I'm sorry.. I thought you were someone else.."

"It's perfectly fine miss. Sorry for yenno, the issue." Mel extended his hand. "Carmelo Ortiz. But please, call me Mel."

The girl stood quiet. Her eyes watering as she stood up. Wiping her eyes as her voice began to get shaky. "I. I need to go..." the girl scurried away as Mel and Zach stood there kinda in shock.

Zach would utter out: "gay" and continue sipping.

Mel would slam his head into the table once more.

All the kids would be staring at the duo. Some in just udder shock, some laughing making fun of them. Mel would get up with Zach. Storming out the cafeteria. Zach placing his hand on mels shoulder turning him around. "Bro relax. What are you doing??"

"This is fucking pointless. She's clearly not here and I made some girl cry because she thought I was someone else. "

"That's not our problem. We have our mission man, don't get side tracked" he gets cut off

"Mel?!?"

Mel would sharply turn around. Being face to face with some kid. The kid wore a black hoodie, black cargo pants and black combat boots. "Holy shit?! Bro?!"