Chapter 3- It begins

I opened the note and I saw what it said. It said "maple." I pondered what the actual hell this meant.. I crumpled up the note and stuffed it in my back pocket. I wanted nothing to do with any of this, I jogged back inside and closed the door making sure to lock it tightly. I yawned slightly and crawled on my bed, I rested my head on the pillow and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the usual, mom shoving me to get me awake, then she walks away. I gotten used to this so I didn't have any struggle getting up, once I was up I slipped on a black T-shirt and I slipped on my G shock watch on my left wrist. I then grabbed my second pair of black cargo pants and slipped them on as well. I put on my black Jordan's and slung my back pack over my shoulders; pretty simple. I ambled out the house and got on my bus. I noticed all the kids were in some strange uniform; I don't know if there is a new dress code or some shit, because if there is, I was never told. I simply scurried to the back of the bus and sat down and groaned. As the bus began to take off, for some odd reason. I couldn't resist the urge to turn my head to face the window. As I looked out the window I saw the same man, looking at me from afar. The man who was at my window last night; my optics widened as we drove past him, what did he want with me..? Was he a threat? Or my personal body guard? I just don't know.

Once the bus pulled up next to the school, the bus drive opened the door, I noticed all the kids in sync stood up, then they all walked out in perfect form. I rolled my hues and got off the bus, once inside. I noticed the school began to look...different, it's once white and orange hallways were now a crimson red, it's floor was all carpeted. It looked..nicer? Somewhat, better than before. A smile plastered on my face and I ambled towards my locker. I looked around but didn't see Liz, however, I did see this one girl, she was wearing black combat boots and green military cargo pants, she had a plain white tank top and fingerless black gloves, she had beautiful blue eyes as her stunning blonde hair glistened, she was chewing a piece of bubble gum as she looked rather annoyed. She looked at me and I looked at her, I guess she found me interesting because she extended her left hand index finger at me and motioned me to follow her, hey a part of me didn't wanna go, but then again. When I see some hot military chick wanting me I needed to go! We ended up walking towards the janitors closet, my hormones were flowing if you know what I mean. She then swiftly turned Around and grabbed my throat with her left hand, she literally threw my ass into the janitors closet before walking in and shutting the door, locking it.

"Agh! What the fuck??!" I shouted at her only to be kicked in the face by her powerful boot.

"Shut up dork, I noticed you weren't in uniform. Why?"

"I didn't even know we had to have a uniform! And why did you kick me you slut!" I rubbed my jaw lightly as a bruise was clearly visible.

"Don't worry about that, wouldn't wanna bruise your face to bad, cutie." She winked then laughed at me.

"Tch...whatever, what do you want? And why does the school look different?"

"That's because dark is in control now.."

"Dark?... you mean that guy on the broadcast wasn't—"

"Fake? Nah, he's as real as you and me. And he's the real boss around here."

"How the fuck, it's been an actual fucking day."

"Not really.. if I'm gonna be honest with you, he's been working for years to get this far. Last night was the purge."

"The purge?"

"Meaning everyone within bloodlust was screened. Last night a crystal light was shot into the sky, luckily for me. I live on the outskirts of the city. So it didn't effect me."

"Jesus I just of slept through it.."

"Most likely."

"Why hasn't the government stopped him? Why hasn't the army stopped him?"

"They can't...dark has strings all around the globe, all the officials work for him. If he wanted to, he can control the untied states. However, rumors have spread that the military is planning on cutting the strings. If this continues he's gonna own this city in no time."

"What the fuck...how is that possible..?"

"I don't know...all I know is he's a cunt, and that cunt needs to be stopped. I'm suppose to be the boss!"

"The fuck?"

"Sorry, a little bit of my dad slipped out. My dads a fucking idiot."

I was baffled, I wanted to leave this room. I wanted nothing to do with any of this; the second I get home I'm leaving this town. For good.

"Uhm...can I go now?" I stood up towering over her, she had to be like 4'9. Short chick.

"Hm...if you ever need me, my number is in your locker, take the uniform though...don't let them find out you're normal..."

And with that she just walked out, without saying a word. I was..confused by the term "normal."

No matter, I went to my locker. The hallways were so..quiet, not one sound. Once I got to my locker a pair of clothes fell out, and a piece of paper. The pants were black and the shirt was red. The number was the females number I encountered. I quickly lifted up the clothes and darted towards the bathroom.

I began to strip, ditching my old clothes. In less than a minute I was dressed in this new outfit. I looked at the number one last time and had the urge to turn the piece of paper around, which I did. That's when I saw the words "Lydia." Written on the back.