Chapter 33 - Telling People

It's about a month later and Maya was starting to get used to seeing Josh a lot more often.
They haven't called each other boyfriend and girlfriend yet but they do feel a lot closer.
And since Maya is living with the Matthews it's making her life a lot easier since she can see Josh a lot more than she could ever thought.

It was now Monday, 12 February.
Maya was getting ready for school while she actually knew she had to get away from everything.
Since her father contacted her she wanted to run off but luckily Josh was able to stop her.
But how long will he be able to do that?
Not too long she thought.
But she did know that she won't ever just want to leave.
She has too much at price.
After she got dressed she went to the kitchen revealing the other.

Maya smiled as she saw Cory and Topanga drinking coffee and took a breathe.
She had to tell them at some point but when?
Now?
Yeah now is the right time.

"Can I talk to you guys?" Maya asked.
"Yeah sure. What is going on?" Topanga asked.
"Me and Josh are together," Maya said and Cory choked on his coffee.
"Are you okay?" Maya asked as she handed Cory a napkin.
"You and my uncle? Did I hear correctly?" Riley asked.
"Yeah. Yeah you did," Maya said.
"How long?" Cory asked.
"My birthday," Maya said.

"So about a month? Why did you guys hide it?" Cory said.
"We didn't want to but since everybody made such a big deal off it I didn't think to rush anything," Maya said.
"So then you hide it? Great. Just great," Riley said and grabbed her backpack.
"Wasn't it you and Farkle who made such a scene at New Years?" Maya asked making her best friend sigh.
"Precisely. I'm not the guilty one and neither is your brother. We wanted to keep it low profile for a bit. By we I mean me. And now I know we're ready for this. I wanted to kinda get used to everything before we just go into everything. We need to go to school," Maya said.

~

"Come on Maya. Why didn't you tell us earlier? It can't just be about what I said. Please. Tell me what I really did wrong. I don't..."
"Farkle be quiet. Good grief. You're worse than Riley. I just didn't want people to know yet. But now me and Josh want everyone to know. That's all. Nothing more," Maya said.
"Are you sure? You wee always so honest about your feelings that it didn't seem much of a worry," Lucas said.
"Yeah I am," Maya said.