Chapter 27 - Drama

It's been one week later and Maya potentially can't wait for everything to turn back to normal.
She hasn't seen or had contact with Riley but had plenty with Josh.
She's seen him just about every day as well as the rest of the Matthew clang.
Maya has been helping out a lot with Auggie and Topanga is grateful.
It was a ice cold day as usual.
Maya was sitting at the Matthews house with Auggie.
It was late the afternoon and the door went open.
They're back, she thought.

"So this is where you have been hiding?" Cory asks.
"Yeah. Listen the school is fixed. They are expecting us back next week," Maya said.
"Fantastic. I can't wait to get back to school. Bay window. Now," Riley said and they were off.

"What happened to you?"
"What happened to you? How could you guys force Josh to tell me if you knew I know?" Maya asked.
"Come on Maya. We have a responsibility towards you. We care for you," Riley said.
"And I care for you. But you have to understand where the line is. Do you know how embarrassing it was? And not just that but for your father to find out like that. I didn't want anything to be like this," Maya said.
"I get it. So what gave you heard from Josh?" Riley asked.
"We have seen each other a lot and we have phone contact as well. I don't know. It's like I feel a lot closer to him but we're just two strangers who know nothing about each other," Maya said.
"You know a lot about him. Maybe even more than I do and I've known him for sixteen years. Maybe you guys will happen," Riley said and Maya smiled.
"How are things with you and you're mom?" Riley asked.
"Don't ask. Not too good. She is working hard and every chance I have to build a relationship with her is gone. I don't think we can ever heal," Maya said and Riley gave her a hug.